Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Payload Confusion

Stsss

Hi I'm considering buying a FORD TRANSIT CONNECT 75 T200, but I cannot figure out the payload, does anyone smarter than me understand this? 

It is only because I am wanting a 500l tank but I'm not sure if I can fit that in this van. I asked a mechanic and he said he has no idea, no one has asked him that before ? If you can't help no worries thanks for reading though

WhatsApp Image 2021-06-24 at 11.12.23.jpeg

First weight listed is 'Maximum Allowable Mass (MAM) of the vehicle including occupants, fuel and payload' 

Second is 'the gross train weight, this is the combined maximum allowable mass of the vehicle and trailer.'

Third is 'maximum axle loads front'

Forth is 'maximum axle loads rear'.

Unfortunately the plate doesn't say the vehicle weight, I believe the V5 reg document should say that figure. I think it's called 'Mass in service' It's a bit of a tricky one as since 1995 the Mass in Service should 'include 90% fuel and 75kg for driver'. I believe some manufacturers have been known not to include fuel or driver weight in their brochures so payload looks better!!!!

So if you have Mass in Service from V5 and MAM your payload should be MAM-Mass in Service.

One other thing to consider is the axle weights. You can't just put a tank over the rear axle as that would overload the rear axle so you have to install the tank in the correct position. 

That is my understanding of payloads, but I could be wrong!!!

From my understandings a T200 connect has a payload of about 625kg! So 500lts of water is 500kg, +25kg for tank + 30kg for frame, +25kg for battery plus 25kg for reel then you don't have enough payload for a driver!!!!!!

Think this page is Fords latest spec but might help: https://www.ford.co.uk/content/dam/guxeu/uk/documents/feature-pdfs/FT-Transit_Connect.pdf

Page 7 says a T200 75 is about 650kg payload for 850kg you need a T220.

Hope that helps?

Hi I'm considering buying a FORD TRANSIT CONNECT 75 T200, but I cannot figure out the payload, does anyone smarter than me understand this? 

It is only because I am wanting a 500l tank but I'm not sure if I can fit that in this van. I asked a mechanic and he said he has no idea, no one has asked him that before ? If you can't help no worries thanks for reading though

View attachment 25010
Itll be too low for a 500l tank for sure.....its 625kg payload for your model

Last edited by a moderator:
Back