Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Better product faster Cleaning

tench0771

Cleaned this patio and used some new hypo from a place that gets fresh in every week and supply's lots of swimming pools in my area i have to say what a difference compared to mole Valley were they store there's out side in sun he was saying how there's is pixxxxss water compared to his there's is £12 20l were his is £16 for 20l and im useing 3 to1 and its romeving black spot were im sometimes using 5050 and neat on to shift it with mole Valley stuff and this new guy takes old drums back the job was much quicker

Screenshot_20210627-182026_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210627-182037_Gallery.jpg

This is interesting I get my hypo from wynstay farm supply shop up the road from my house it’s 10% strength and it’s outside in all weathers in there yard , I have just done several softwashing jobs using this stuff @£12 for  20 ltr I also bought 100 ltr of Benz lightning cleanse at a cost of approx £60 per 20 ltr and there wasn’t any  difference in the clean at all , I  thought this was strange so gave staff both in unmarked drums so they didn’t know what they were using and asked for there opinions they also Said  there was no difference in the speed or quality of the clean , the Benz stuff was very slightly better on wood but on render no difference, so from now on I won’t be using the Benz stuff . I know that sum will not agree with what I have said but this is my experience with it so why pay £48 per 20 ltr more it’s a complete waist of money .It would be interesting to hear others experiences with normal farm hypo and lightning cleanse be it good or bad . 

I always thought Benz was just sodium hypochlorite with surfactant mixed in. So a complete waste of money when you can make your own at 25% of the price. Maybe in future I will charge for Benz and make my own and pocket the difference. ?

I always thought Benz was just sodium hypochlorite with surfactant mixed in. So a complete waste of money when you can make your own at 25% of the price. Maybe in future I will charge for Benz and make my own and pocket the difference. ?
We had a couple of jobs that insisted on the Benz stuff being used as it was the only approved product from the manufacturer k rend , I did tell them the cost would be higher using it and they accepted that . 

Can't beat mixing your own only thing ide buy from benz us there biocide i use clever wash allways worked well for me ive even got my m8 using it abd he a tite ars ?

This is interesting I get my hypo from wynstay farm supply shop up the road from my house it’s 10% strength and it’s outside in all weathers in there yard , I have just done several softwashing jobs using this stuff @£12 for  20 ltr I also bought 100 ltr of Benz lightning cleanse at a cost of approx £60 per 20 ltr and there wasn’t any  difference in the clean at all , I  thought this was strange so gave staff both in unmarked drums so they didn’t know what they were using and asked for there opinions they also Said  there was no difference in the speed or quality of the clean , the Benz stuff was very slightly better on wood but on render no difference, so from now on I won’t be using the Benz stuff . I know that sum will not agree with what I have said but this is my experience with it so why pay £48 per 20 ltr more it’s a complete waist of money .It would be interesting to hear others experiences with normal farm hypo and lightning cleanse be it good or bad . 
I know we'll have to agree to differ where Lightning Cleanze is concerned, but a waste of money is too harsh.

I completely agree with you that it makes sense financially to mix your own as it can be done much more cheaply and can be made much stronger using a 10 or 14-15% SH. You're right that Benz can work out expensive, but it does work.

As the saying goes, it does what it says on the tin and it does live up to its claims, so pricey? Yes. Waste of money? Definirely no. And being a government approved product that's going to cost more and they've had to put in the original investment and develop the range of Benz products.

They also offer free shipping to help reduce the cost whereas others charges are well OTT and are a minimum of £10+ - 1litre bottle of scent masker costs an extra tenner postage. So I think they're trying to keep the cost down and I also think they've done more to help promote and educate about soft washing in the UK than any other company.

Their website is a useful informational resource,  their products do the things they claim they'll do and good luck to them if they can make a few quid out of it ....their stuff isn't cheap but it's not a waste of money either, It does the job and if using it factor the costs into the quote

I know we'll have to agree to differ where Lightning Cleanze is concerned, but a waste of money is too harsh.

I completely agree with you that it makes sense financially to mix your own as it can be done much more cheaply and can be made much stronger using a 10 or 14-15% SH. You're right that Benz can work out expensive, but it does work.

As the saying goes, it does what it says on the tin and it does live up to its claims, so pricey? Yes. Waste of money? Definirely no. And being a government approved product that's going to cost more and they've had to put in the original investment and develop the range of Benz products.

They also offer free shipping to help reduce the cost whereas others charges are well OTT and are a minimum of £10+ - 1litre bottle of scent masker costs an extra tenner postage. So I think they're trying to keep the cost down and I also think they've done more to help promote and educate about soft washing in the UK than any other company.

Their website is a useful informational resource,  their products do the things they claim they'll do and good luck to them if they can make a few quid out of it ....their stuff isn't cheap but it's not a waste of money either, It does the job and if using it factor the costs into the quote
I agree with you about Benz website and videos they are very helpful especially it new starters but at £48 per drum dearer it is just not worth that extra expense I buy 5 ltr of surfactant that will treat 12 x20 ltr drums of hypo for £20 and 1ltr of scent mask for  £30 ,and that’s it . It doesn’t clean any better than the farm hypo at £12 per drum , yes it’s government approved and I think they add a bit of sodium hydroxide as well and surfactant and scent mask but it doesn’t work any better I have proved that over the last 30 or so softwashing jobs we have done , we did a big job for  a commercial firm that stated that it had to be Benz that was used  due to there company health and safety policy and data sheets I just bumped up the price to cover the exorbitant extra costs ,but the end result was no different, I will only be using it on jobs ware the customer insists that’s what we use and so far they are the only one that has and we have been doing softwashing for around 15 years . Ime no chemical scientist but am more than capable of legally and safely mixing my own and that’s what we have always done and will continue to do . I agree Benz have to make a profit but there prices aren’t realistic to run a professional cleaning firm if I used there products all the time my profit margins would be greatly affected and we arnt cheap , also lightning cleanse shelf life is also very short compared to normal hypo . Ime not knocking there stuff it does  do what it says in the tin , but the same results can be achieved with something that costs around £17 per drum with surfactant and scent mask rather than £60-65 I know what most people with a little bit of knowledge would use . 

I agree with you about Benz website and videos they are very helpful especially it new starters but at £48 per drum dearer it is just not worth that extra expense I buy 5 ltr of surfactant that will treat 12 x20 ltr drums of hypo for £20 and 1ltr of scent mask for  £30 ,and that’s it . It doesn’t clean any better than the farm hypo at £12 per drum , yes it’s government approved and I think they add a bit of sodium hydroxide as well and surfactant and scent mask but it doesn’t work any better I have proved that over the last 30 or so softwashing jobs we have done , we did a big job for  a commercial firm that stated that it had to be Benz that was used  due to there company health and safety policy and data sheets I just bumped up the price to cover the exorbitant extra costs ,but the end result was no different, I will only be using it on jobs ware the customer insists that’s what we use and so far they are the only one that has and we have been doing softwashing for around 15 years . Ime no chemical scientist but am more than capable of legally and safely mixing my own and that’s what we have always done and will continue to do . I agree Benz have to make a profit but there prices aren’t realistic to run a professional cleaning firm if I used there products all the time my profit margins would be greatly affected and we arnt cheap , also lightning cleanse shelf life is also very short compared to normal hypo . Ime not knocking there stuff it does  do what it says in the tin , but the same results can be achieved with something that costs around £17 per drum with surfactant and scent mask rather than £60-65 I know what most people with a little bit of knowledge would use . 
We're actually in danger here of agreeing haha....but I do agree completely with what you've said and you're right that of course it makes better financial sense to make your own hypo mix. Not only is it so much cheaper but you can make it stronger and more effective when needs be. The SH content in Lightning Cleanze is only about 2% which isn't always enough e.g. thick algae on a patio. Using Lightning Cleanze would be very expensive and much slower.

But Lightning Cleanze and Tornado Cleanze do have their place and are excellent on, for example, brickwork and they have a less dramatic effect on dscolouring UPVC. But you're completely right, it is too pricey for every day use and most residential customers wouldn't be willing to pay the extra cost for no apparent benefit to themselves.

But I suppose my main point was that yes its expensive, but not a waste of money because it does what it says it will - and there's not necessarily a great many products that actually do that......but you're own mix  is stronger and cheaper without a doubt

We're actually in danger here of agreeing haha....but I do agree completely with what you've said and you're right that of course it makes better financial sense to make your own hypo mix. Not only is it so much cheaper but you can make it stronger and more effective when needs be. The SH content in Lightning Cleanze is only about 2% which isn't always enough e.g. thick algae on a patio. Using Lightning Cleanze would be very expensive and much slower.

But Lightning Cleanze and Tornado Cleanze do have their place and are excellent on, for example, brickwork and they have a less dramatic effect on dscolouring UPVC. But you're completely right, it is too pricey for every day use and most residential customers wouldn't be willing to pay the extra cost for no apparent benefit to themselves.

But I suppose my main point was that yes its expensive, but not a waste of money because it does what it says it will - and there's not necessarily a great many products that actually do that......but you're own mix  is stronger and cheaper without a doubt
No nothing about softwashing but I would be surprised if you could do any commercial work without data sheets and where do you stand, regarding insurance, if it all goes wrong

No nothing about softwashing but I would be surprised if you could do any commercial work without data sheets and where do you stand, regarding insurance, if it all goes wrong
We do quite a bit of commercial softwashing  some are really strict with what they require and others just say they want xyz  doing get on with it , our insurance covers us for softwashing , we have just done a commercial job and they told us that they wanted Benz lightning cleanse used they already had the data sheets all we had to do was turn up with the product and do the job , saved me an awful lot of hassle I just charged more to cover the extra costs of the materials . 

Back