Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pure freedom reel update

Pjj

Premium Member
As you all know the centre spindle fractured and broke off one of my reels last  week , thought I would give a bit of an update . The reel was collected and returned to pf last week they have replaced the centre spindle with what looks like a stainless steel one the reel arrived back with me today so have just re fitted it in the van there turn around time was very quick so top marks to them , just a pity it broke in the first place but there customer service was very good , just hope the other one doesn’t go the same way as that looks like a bronze spindle as well . It would appear they have turned over a new leaf with customer service , they phoned me several times to let me know what was happening very pleased with there service . 

As you all know the centre spindle fractured and broke off one of my reels last  week , thought I would give a bit of an update . The reel was collected and returned to pf last week they have replaced the centre spindle with what looks like a stainless steel one the reel arrived back with me today so have just re fitted it in the van there turn around time was very quick so top marks to them , just a pity it broke in the first place but there customer service was very good , just hope the other one doesn’t go the same way as that looks like a bronze spindle as well . It would appear they have turned over a new leaf with customer service , they phoned me several times to let me know what was happening very pleased with there service . 
Send the other one back and ask them to swap it over to stainless steel or its just a worry. ?

20210628_173224.jpg

Send the other one back and ask them to swap it over to stainless steel or its just a worry. ?
I doubt they would do that unless I paid as at the moment it’s ok , I have emailed them expressing concern about the other one as it’s clearly a bronze one like the one that failed but will see how it goes hopefully it will fail whilst under warranty if it’s going to . 

I doubt they would do that unless I paid as at the moment it’s ok , I have emailed them expressing concern about the other one as it’s clearly a bronze one like the one that failed but will see how it goes hopefully it will fail whilst under warranty if it’s going to . 
Mines brass and 2 years old, don't they just turn out. If they do and was concerned I'd just buy a spare to repair if required.

Mines brass and 2 years old, don't they just turn out. If they do and was concerned I'd just buy a spare to repair if required.
They arnt replaceable by us they have to go back to the factory as the whole drum assembly has to be removed to replace it. I did ask if they could send me a replacement but they said it’s not an easy thing to do ??

Hit it a few times with a hammer to see if will stand the test of time. ?

I've removed all my thermal half inch hose and replaced it with 100m of red PU hose, not sure how it will go but fed up with the heavy stuff.
half inch hose?thats ridiculous for window cleaning.....microbore is what you want...PU pole hose is too thin and doesnt lay flat and is more of a trip hazard...id go so far as to say its dangerous if you have 100m on a reel.....

half inch hose?thats ridiculous for window cleaning.....microbore is what you want...PU pole hose is too thin and doesnt lay flat and is more of a trip hazard...id go so far as to say its dangerous if you have 100m on a reel.....
I will give you all an update on how I get on with it. Its the red hotwater pu hose from Exceed which I have used for over a year as a tail which has worked very well.

And puts more strain on the pump as well ????

Back