Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

SHOCKING GUTTERS

WCF

Help Support WCF:

strech

Hi guys just had a quick look could not find any thing about this, but is any one else getting static electric shocks while cleaning gutters ? using skyvac carbon poles. Any help appreciated 

thanks.

I think the machines are double insulated so might not 'need' an earth. If it is double insulated you should see 2 concentric squares on the power label. If it isn't double insulated then you could have an earth fault!!!!!!!!!!

I suppose with very dry material the speed going down the poles could create static electricity. 

I would check if there is the double insulation marking, if not then get an electrician to test the earth before you next use it as it could be lethal.

Hi guys just had a quick look could not find any thing about this, but is any one else getting static electric shocks while cleaning gutters ? using skyvac carbon poles. Any help appreciated 

thanks.
Are you rubbing them up and down alot? Carbon being a conductor generates static and dependent on what you wear also

If it keeps happening get an ESD wristband or heel strap and long piece of single strand wire and tent peg to ground yourself

I remember a mate of mine saying he had this on a job a couple of years ago. I remember thinking that’s very odd. And he definitely described it as proper electric shocks rather then static. I’m struggling to remember if he found out what caused it or not? I’ll ask him tomorrow 

Latest Posts

Back