Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wooden Decking Clean, Treat, Restore Process

DeLaCruz

Have a decking to clean. Its on seafront and quite weathered - i did some reading around the internet and i found what was recommended as the best decking cleaner : Re-New-All Anyway seems like its a American product so wondered if anyone could recommend a similar UK one that they have used successfully. 

Once i have treated the decking is it necessary to reseal it for best finish ? Any help greatly appreciated thanks in advance 

Have a decking to clean. Its on seafront and quite weathered - i did some reading around the internet and i found what was recommended as the best decking cleaner : Re-New-All Anyway seems like its a American product so wondered if anyone could recommend a similar UK one that they have used successfully. 

Once i have treated the decking is it necessary to reseal it for best finish ? Any help greatly appreciated thanks in advance 
Good afternoon,

The majority of decking cleans that I have carried out I have pressure washed with water only via a turbo nozzle and left as is.

Decking in my opinion is meant to beathe although friends doing more decking cleans than myself only use a decking oil which acts as a preventive preserver.

Sealing it with anything else may block it's pourus properties.

Also a mild SH clean will deliver great results when carried out correctly.

Thanks so much guys really appreciated this advice - I am gonna try and treat it bc I feel like my pw results on it have not been great maybe I need a better noozle 

Thanks so much guys really appreciated this advice - I am gonna try and treat it bc I feel like my pw results on it have not been great maybe I need a better noozle 
You don't want to use too much pressure because you could splinter the wood. And decking soon starts looking weathered, old and grey if untreated and that's just the way it is. You can't expect miracles and if you want to dramatcally improve the appearance you should stain it. Oil is more subtle and has less effect on appearance but nourishes the wood.

Back