Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Having a chat with custys

Dale Harries

How many of you like a chat with your custys? I've noticed that I'm getting to know my round well now and any interesting things that are going on in their lives.

Some custys do overshare a little though! ?

Do you tend to chat while you work?

I appear very friendly to all my customers , but I avoid chatting to them, as I want to get on, especially in the winter when days are short. 
If they are old and/or lonely , and if they have a problem, I might chat as somethings are more important than money. 
But ultimately chatting about the weather etc just wastes time.   

Some customers I have longer chats than others.

If we share a common interest, football, fishing, motorbikes etc, I enjoy it.

I play snooker with one customer around once a month, and am going fishing with another in a couple of weeks ???‍?

Hi 

I tend to chat a little when first meet customer but when do job just get on with it and a few words. Usually they want to get on with their day also so no worries. 
It’s the customers who offer you a brew when your just on the last window that crack me up. 
Personally I can’t drink very hot tea and I’m not going to wait around for it to cool down - so it’s a polite no thanks but maybe next time ???

I chat with most of my customers, and certainly more since Covid, as lots of time I am probably the only other person they see that week other than relatives. And I now regard most as friends and are on first name terms with them. Besides making the day more interesting.

How many of you like a chat with your custys? I've noticed that I'm getting to know my round well now and any interesting things that are going on in their lives.

I say hello good morning or afternoon and get the job done.

Sounds harsh but I'm there to earn money

Don't have any customers who wish to share their life story and those that I do see pay me.

Chit chats cause inefficiency and make every job run later into the day.

All customers are happy and I don't have to listen to political debates, relationship drama's and neighbourhood gossip

I say hello good morning or afternoon and get the job done.

Sounds harsh but I'm there to earn money

Don't have any customers who wish to share their life story and those that I do see pay me.

Chit chats cause inefficiency and make every job run later into the day.

All customers are happy and I don't have to listen to political debates, relationship drama's and neighbourhood gossip
I'm not a miserable boring sod either

For most its just the exchange of a few pleasantries, usually around the topic of the weather.

But I do have a few that stop and chat for a while. You can loose a fair bit of time, and being a bit chatty myself doesn't help, but I see it as a good opertunity to provide that personable service that just doesn't exist anymore in todays world. 

I only wish I had the time to take 5-10mins to chat to all my customers, but thats just not possible for me.

The world ? could do with slowing down a bit, so nothing wrong with the odd chat.

I have 2 half days that I make a ton because its my neighbours and I catch up with all the gossip. I treat those days like holidays and the money is extra. That's when I pick up extra work from them because they know I'm a joiner and can do other things. Getting to the stage now that when I'm near 2 ton in the day I stop working, infact if I could be guaranteed 200 for 5 days then I would be a happy camper. That would mean I would make about £60k a year in total.

5 mins while im cleaning or if they make me a brew then im off to my next job.....i cant be arsed anymore....i like to finish early and get home....i used to talk more years ago but not anymore.....?

i did stop for a while(20 mins or so) with a customer whos wife died 2 days previous a few weeks ago...the old boy was lost......94 years of age in a wheelchair now...luckily good neighbours on both sides so he s well looked after plus nurses going in 4 times a day.....

I'll say hello and be very polite but most of the time I'd rather the customer not come out to say hello at all. And you always get that 1 customer who just stays outside with you the whole time and talks your ear off and in the back of my mind I'm like please go away I want to go home. I'm a boring fart tho.

I chat to most, make a fuss of their dogs for half a minute, banter the yummy/single mummies, flatter the milfs/gilfs, placate the look what ive gots.

It goes along way, id say if i didnt id cut my days by 30/45 minutes but if i did that the wife n kids would just aggrivate for that extra time

?????????????

Latest Posts

Back