Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Skyvac Atom - my toughest test yet

WCF

Help Support WCF:

wezza13

Worked on this block of flats last week. 5 storeys up, gutter section was overflowing with grass(?) and the company said they were last cleared 16 years ago. I was mightily impressed with the Atom. Lots of perseverance, soaked it all first with wfp and used the metal nozzle. Small, accurate hacking at the roots of the grass and then getting purchase on the grass, by hearing the motor change. Testing to see if it lifted out and, if not, then back to working away at the roots. This section of guttering took longer than the test of the block of flats. Was very impressed with it. 

Might have been quicker with a triple motor vac but I was impressed to see it handle the job. 

F70EAC69-30AB-408E-891D-49E7B54EDD59.png

D153A175-8735-4757-8665-E6E96621C299.png

Worked on this block of flats last week. 5 storeys up, gutter section was overflowing with grass(?) and the company said they were last cleared 16 years ago. I was mightily impressed with the Atom. Lots of perseverance, soaked it all first with wfp and used the metal nozzle. Small, accurate hacking at the roots of the grass and then getting purchase on the grass, by hearing the motor change. Testing to see if it lifted out and, if not, then back to working away at the roots. This section of guttering took longer than the test of the block of flats. Was very impressed with it. 

Might have been quicker with a triple motor vac but I was impressed to see it handle the job. 

View attachment 25117

View attachment 25118
5 storey building with the atom that is impressive, but just shows what can be done with a bit of perseverance 

It was very tricky. As you both know, the slightest movement means a much greater movement at the top. My shoulders ached for the next couple of days. I seriously considered purchasing a predator before doing the job but was also intrigued to see if the atom could handle it. I was standing almost below it, as the alleyway was very narrow. Just that one section took slightly over an hour lol.

I would only contemplate trying it again at that height for a really high price. Just nice to show anyone that’s considering an atom, they can perform the task. It was very awkward though having to sidle over to the vac and switch it off to drop the lumps of grass, which would’ve been easier with the elite poles that I could open to release the suction. Made a lot of mess that needed cleaning up after too! 

Latest Posts

Back