Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Trolley mounted wfp system

S.D.Pressure

Been lurking for a while doing homework and learnt a lot. 

Now starting to build my own trolley unit and after some advice. Will be mainly using it to distribute chemicals for the pressure washing side of things then eventually render cleans and roof cleans. 

Currently looking at this pump 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SEAFLO-12-5-Water-System-Pump/dp/B01N53H4W1

Then using this controller 

https://www.wintecs.co.uk/water-fed/pumps-and-controllers/controllers/pro-digital-pump-controller-new-v16/

Ideally I wanted it remote but think it's a bit of an overkill spending the extra on the remote version. Would it be possible to wire a cheap remote before the controller in the relay. 

What sort of size battery should I be looking at to run this for a day etc 

Regards Sean 

This was my concern but then again I'm only more than likely going to be running 30mtr of hose due to it being mobile unit 
I had the same pump and found the flow very poor I certainly wouldn’t recommend it although there pumps are good and chemicals rated .i now have a pure freedom nano trolly it’s not chemical rated pump but it’s so much better and on 50 on the controller throws out double the water the sea flow pump did running flat out !!!!!

I had the same pump and found the flow very poor I certainly wouldn’t recommend it although there pumps are good and chemicals rated .i now have a pure freedom nano trolly it’s not chemical rated pump but it’s so much better and on 50 on the controller throws out double the water the sea flow pump did running flat out !!!!!
This was the other option pump wise but £60 more which bites into build budget 

https://www.allpumpsdirect.co.uk/Everflo-EF4000-Diaphragm-Demand-Pump

Been lurking for a while doing homework and learnt a lot. 

Now starting to build my own trolley unit and after some advice. Will be mainly using it to distribute chemicals for the pressure washing side of things then eventually render cleans and roof cleans. 

Currently looking at this pump 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SEAFLO-12-5-Water-System-Pump/dp/B01N53H4W1

Then using this controller 

https://www.wintecs.co.uk/water-fed/pumps-and-controllers/controllers/pro-digital-pump-controller-new-v16/

Ideally I wanted it remote but think it's a bit of an overkill spending the extra on the remote version. Would it be possible to wire a cheap remote before the controller in the relay. 

What sort of size battery should I be looking at to run this for a day etc 

Regards Sean 
Many thanks @Pjj

Good afternoon Sean.

With reference to your pump it's not the best on the market and with the upmost respect you'd find a better one that is chemical rated with viton seals from a trusted UK independent supplier.

With a trolley system your required minimum rating should be 100psi due to the work it doing as viscosity of the fluid you'd want to pump.

The spring Europe Ltd V16 is the flagship controller however it will be wasted using it in a trolley application as they battery to power the entire system would need to be a minimum 12Ah

Why don't you look at another of their great inventions on DA Components website named the ABC controller.

It's a KISS controller- Keep it simple stupid not super expensive, reliable, British Built and will work faultlessly in a trolley application.

Wireless remote controls are handy and can add user benefits.

There is the Spring Europe Ltd one shot that I'd recommend due to it's build quality and compact size

If you read through the DIY thread have a look at my trolley build project.  It may aid your innovation requirements

Austin

Many thanks @Pjj

Good afternoon Sean.

With reference to your pump it's not the best on the market and with the upmost respect you'd find a better one that is chemical rated with viton seals from a trusted UK independent supplier.

With a trolley system your required minimum rating should be 100psi due to the work it doing as viscosity of the fluid you'd want to pump.

The spring Europe Ltd V16 is the flagship controller however it will be wasted using it in a trolley application as they battery to power the entire system would need to be a minimum 12Ah

Why don't you look at another of their great inventions on DA Components website named the ABC controller.

It's a KISS controller- Keep it simple stupid not super expensive, reliable, British Built and will work faultlessly in a trolley application.

Wireless remote controls are handy and can add user benefits.

There is the Spring Europe Ltd one shot that I'd recommend due to it's build quality and compact size

If you read through the DIY thread have a look at my trolley build project.  It may aid your innovation requirements

Austin
 Have been studying your thread bud been very helpful. 

Just wanted to spend once and not have to rebuild later on down the line when outgrow it. 

Can you recommend a pump? 

Have been studying your thread bud been very helpful. 

Just wanted to spend once and not have to rebuild later on down the line when outgrow it. 

Can you recommend a pump? 
If you were replicating my build you'd require a deeper enclosure for larger body diaphragm pumps which isn't a massive issue.

The flojet 100psi chemical pump is a well made reliable piece of kit

It's used in softwash applications and wpf

https://windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/products/flojet®-12v-100psi-chemical-pump

I'm unsure on your technical ability however if you get stuck i can help you with wiring diagram schematics or fixtures and fittings.

Heres another hints video I made

10 minutes ago, Apw1210 said:

If you were replicating my build you'd require a deeper enclosure for larger body diaphragm pumps which isn't a massive issue.

I'm unsure on your technical ability however if you get stuck i can help you with wiring diagram schematics or fixtures and fittings.

Have already been on the channel bud. 

Looks like build cost is getting more and more ?

Have already been on the channel bud. 

Looks like build cost is getting more and more ?
You're not going to get quality for under £200. Yes it's an expensive game but also an investment.

One tip.

Keep a close eye on Facebook marketplace, ebay gumtree for pure freedom, Xline trolleys.

You may find one that would make a great rebuild project for lesser money

You're not going to get quality for under £200. Yes it's an expensive game but also an investment.

One tip.

Keep a close eye on Facebook marketplace, ebay gumtree for pure freedom, Xline trolleys.

You may find one that would make a great rebuild project for lesser money
 Looking now at pump you recommended, abc controller ( or one you suggest for sub £100), one shot remote.

I'm not really bothered about investing if means have room for it to grow without needed to update within short period of time. 

Have invested nearly on 20k into the gardening business and won't be shy of 10k when this one is running fully. 

Looking now at pump you recommended, abc controller ( or one you suggest for sub £100), one shot remote.

I'm not really bothered about investing if means have room for it to grow without needed to update within short period of time. 

Have invested nearly on 20k into the gardening business and won't be shy of 10k when this one is running fully. 
You can integrate a generic 433mhz pure Chineseium made rf remote control. There are quality-ish ones out there

An RF remote is great for saving water. I have my remote fob round my neck and switch off when I have to move between windows or sides of the house. It's quite surprising how good the range of them is as well. I recently bought a 20m extension hose and even with the backpack round the front of the house and me at the back the remote still works!

I am still debating if it's worth having a 2 channel remote so I can switch between 2 speed controllers. So I can have a slowish speed for cleaning and a faster speed for rinsing. Not sure if I am accomplished enough yet to really take advantage of a faster rinse ? Still making 100% sure of a quality clean and good rinse.

An RF remote is great for saving water. I have my remote fob round my neck and switch off when I have to move between windows or sides of the house. It's quite surprising how good the range of them is as well. I recently bought a 20m extension hose and even with the backpack round the front of the house and me at the back the remote still works!

I am still debating if it's worth having a 2 channel remote so I can switch between 2 speed controllers. So I can have a slowish speed for cleaning and a faster speed for rinsing. Not sure if I am accomplished enough yet to really take advantage of a faster rinse ? Still making 100% sure of a quality clean and good rinse.
I was going to design a pcb which worked with a two channel remote,

Quite a head scratching moment to take an input pulse and switch via mosfet to a higher voltage preset.

Using mosfet was the best idea as it would be a static circuit which meant it could be potted and waterproof with just a trim pot on a flylead to make adjustments.

will venture back into that project one day

I was going to design a pcb which worked with a two channel remote,

Quite a head scratching moment to take an input pulse and switch via mosfet to a higher voltage preset.

Using mosfet was the best idea as it would be a static circuit which meant it could be potted and waterproof with just a trim pot on a flylead to make adjustments.

will venture back into that project one day
I was going to use a very simple system. I intended using 2 speed controllers. 1 set  to wash and the other set to rinse flow rates. Then have a 2 channel rf switch. 1 channel flow on or off and the other a change over between speed controllers. 

Mosfets and pcbs are in my very distant past - in fact back in college, so about 30 years ago ? Never actually did any circuit design in my electronics career, just instrumentation stuff and a bit of control systems. 

I was going to use a very simple system. I intended using 2 speed controllers. 1 set  to wash and the other set to rinse flow rates. Then have a 2 channel rf switch. 1 channel flow on or off and the other a change over between speed controllers. 

Mosfets and pcbs are in my very distant past - in fact back in college, so about 30 years ago ? Never actually did any circuit design in my electronics career, just instrumentation stuff and a bit of control systems. 
I often get **** made using JLPCB however it's time consuming.

I'll be honest, I never change my flow rate. It's always the from washing and rinsing

On 12/07/2021 at 20:36, Apw1210 said:

Sorry for another question. What depth box did you go for on this pump as ordering everything up tonight 

Just you mentioned bigger box with the bigger pump? 
Sorry thought you meant replicating my build.

You'll have to look up the pump dimensions you wish to use and then add 20mm on top of that then find an enclosure that is the same height and width but alot deeper

Unfortunately my head full of figures and all the technical 5hite I know can't recall the specs you need

Austin

Back