Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

O Clip Or Ear clip Protectors

WCF

Help Support WCF:

chris70

Can anyone help me with O Clip Or Ear clip problem i have a tubeless pole system and when i drag hose about the connection from pole hose to 6mm hose which are o clips catch on things and cause leaking wich is a pain i have tried putting tape round but still happens over short time i did want to get the slick connector but is to big to go up in to the pole i was told is there any other sort of protectors anyone knows off was thinking of rectus 21 but would think would catch on something and pull apart

Cheers

Can anyone help me with O Clip Or Ear clip problem i have a tubeless pole system and when i drag hose about the connection from pole hose to 6mm hose which are o clips catch on things and cause leaking wich is a pain i have tried putting tape round but still happens over short time i did want to get the slick connector but is to big to go up in to the pole i was told is there any other sort of protectors anyone knows off was thinking of rectus 21 but would think would catch on something and pull apart

Cheers
Pm @Skxawng he sells a cracking fitting for connecting pole hose to microbore 

9800DE2A-DC1C-441C-922B-14B320C799E6.jpeg

Thanks for the recommendation. The Slim RecProtek is 20.5mm wide and pulls up inside the pole easily. 

https://www.rootek-designs.co.uk/product/4929338/recprotek-slim-tough-protection-minimal-size

(plus 20% discount only for forum members using code WCF20) 

View attachment 25126
Hi mate, where on the pole hose would this be fitted mate? Like how far away from the end of the pole?

After another exceed tubeless breaking (3 in 4 months) I think I’m going to get this

thanks

also. How often do people disconnect pole hose from reel hose? Every time you go back to van? Or just end of the day?

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi mate, where on the pole hose would this be fitted mate? Like how far away from the end of the pole?

After another exceed tubeless breaking (3 in 4 months) I think I’m going to get this

thanks

also. How often do people disconnect pole hose from reel hose? Every time you go back to van? Or just end of the day?

thanks
The pole hose is permanently attached to the microbore hose on  the reel with a tubeless set up , I don’t understand why you have broken the ejected sleeve we use over a dozen on different reels  we have had them since they  were released and only replaced one in years .

We only disconnect the Hoseless when we need to change to a different pole or when we need to connect to a customer's mains supply for the scrub and rinse phase of a soapwash.

We also find that the ruddy ejector sleeves are very brittle, and we're not at all rough with equipment. They are made of a very delicate plastic and so are the Univalve bungs that go in the bottom of the section to hold the male tail end in place. We had a bung break up in a pole last week. I mentioned to Exceed that the plastic is poor quality and delicate in a phone call a while back. It didn't sound like they were going to do anything about it even though It had been brought to their attention by at least one other person before me. Pity as I will always support British manufacturing when I can even if it costs more, but the quality must be decent. For instance, this afternoon I bought four plastic camping mugs in go outdoors. They were just under £4 each but they were labelled as being made in the UK and the quality is superb. There were other ones on the same shelf for £1 each but I think I can guess where they came from. Probably the same country as the plague was exported from accidentally or by design.

I will try some @Skxawng joiners  when I get round to ordering them as I've always found his products to be well thought out and well made. Plus he's an entrepreneur who is one of our own.

If anyone can design and manufacture a better fitting than the rectus, which is prone to getting difficult to engage after a while of use as well, I'd be delighted.  I wonder if it might be possible to design something compact of two halves with perhaps a bayonet type twist together to engage and perhaps two rubber O-rings on the male side to form an excellent and reliable seal? Of course it would need to be super robust and reliable. Even better if it could be impervious to corrosion, ie some sort of really tough plastic or nylon. @Skxawng? ??

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in the process testing a prototype tubeless kit with a built in coupler I've designed and made out of a high end nylon mix that is pretty much unbreakable. It has a clever way of connecting into the base of the pole that I'm not giving away just yet ?

I've been using them on my rounds the last few months and after a few tweaks I'll be hopeful ready for testers. 

The RecProtek Slim would be fitted at the junction of the pole hose with the main reel hose. It's basically a protective sleeve that covers the rectus 21 type couplers. You could have it close to the base of the pole if you wanted. It would pull up inside easily enough. 

I'm in the process testing a prototype tubeless kit with a built in coupler I've designed and made out of a high end nylon mix that is pretty much unbreakable. It has a clever way of connecting into the base of the pole that I'm not giving away just yet ?

I've been using them on my rounds the last few months and after a few tweaks I'll be hopeful ready for testers. 

The RecProtek Slim would be fitted at the junction of the pole hose with the main reel hose. It's basically a protective sleeve that covers the rectus 21 type couplers. You could have it close to the base of the pole if you wanted. It would pull up inside easily enough. 
Sounds very interesting Ime looking forward   to seeing this and if you need any testers well you know ware we are ???? 

Received my new Xtreme yesterday and decided to fit out the top pole. The gooseneck and hose seem locked in, not sure if the brush hose can be pulled out to fit longer hose?
The new Gardiner goose necks have a john guest filling that connects the hose from gooseneck to the brush. So just push the retaining clip down and pull out brush hose. The new goosenecks have pluses and minuses - a pain if you want to fit an extension on the gooseneck for a little longer reach but you have to change the brush hose! Somehow they do seem to make taking scraper on and off easier though.

The new Gardiner goose necks have a john guest filling that connects the hose from gooseneck to the brush. So just push the retaining clip down and pull out brush hose. The new goosenecks have pluses and minuses - a pain if you want to fit an extension on the gooseneck for a little longer reach but you have to change the brush hose! Somehow they do seem to make taking scraper on and off easier though.
Its pretty pointless for me because I only use long goosenecks which I guess will come out in the future. They do make fitting the pole hose alot easier. I will give update tomorrow when I try it out.

Its pretty pointless for me because I only use long goosenecks which I guess will come out in the future. They do make fitting the pole hose alot easier. I will give update tomorrow when I try it out.
I think they came out as Gardiners had people using univalves complaining that the new Jet Capsules were being pulled apart. The easy solution was just add an extra clip at top of gooseneck but I think Gardiner did it to protect the jets. The 3 problems they do create are you need longer hoses if you use a gooseneck extender on some jobs, they introduce an extra joint, plus if you want to use a hoseless system it's difficult to fit one. 

Be good to see how you get on tomorrow.

I think they came out as Gardiners had people using univalves complaining that the new Jet Capsules were being pulled apart. The easy solution was just add an extra clip at top of gooseneck but I think Gardiner did it to protect the jets. The 3 problems they do create are you need longer hoses if you use a gooseneck extender on some jobs, they introduce an extra joint, plus if you want to use a hoseless system it's difficult to fit one. 

Be good to see how you get on tomorrow.
I fitted the hoseless system and univalve which took alot longer.

I fitted the hoseless system and univalve which took alot longer.
Used it this morning and the hose pulled away from the black jg fitting. Going to revert back to my old long gooseneck from my SLX and stick the new short one on there which I use for roof spraying. Will sort it all out tomorrow. Aye you can never have enough poles in this game I'm beginning to notice.

Used it this morning and the hose pulled away from the black jg fitting. Going to revert back to my old long gooseneck from my SLX and stick the new short one on there which I use for roof spraying. Will sort it all out tomorrow. Aye you can never have enough poles in this game I'm beginning to notice.
Oh I forgot to mention that one of the other things Gardiners did with the redesigned gooseneck was make it less prone to getting stuck in the 1st section.

Yes no problem. The Slim version is made from one peice. It stays on the male rectus plug on the pole end to protect it. 

View attachment 25195
Thank you.

I was hoping it stayed on the female part. I need an equivalent to the exceed ejector sleeve that works on microbore hose as I use a hoseless set up with just my reel hose, and it’s a bit fiddly on the extreme poles.

Back