Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What am i like on price?

Baldmonkey

Hi guys, started doing roof cleans a few months ago. Now ive been measuring the roofs for quotes and charging £7 sqm for lightly covered roofs upto £10 sqm for heavily mossed roofs. 

What am i like on price, i know it differs from area to area especially london but just wanted to gauge, only converting half the quotes, thanks

I do t price per sm the cheapest roof clean we do is £400 and that’s for a mid terraced shop and front of roof only . For a normal house it’s anything from £600-1200 we don’t do many but the ones we do do are worth doing . 

Hi guys, started doing roof cleans a few months ago. Now ive been measuring the roofs for quotes and charging £7 sqm for lightly covered roofs upto £10 sqm for heavily mossed roofs. 

What am i like on price, i know it differs from area to area especially london but just wanted to gauge, only converting half the quotes, thanks
Sqm pricing is good to use as a balance between that pricing and in time knowing how long and how involved a job will take to complete. I ballance between £10 per sqm and £250 to £300 per day to remove moss then half that to spray treat the roof  taking about 3hrs. In time with experience you will know how long and how hard it is to clear the roof before a treatment

Any job you do, you should have a pricing system that estimates the time involved.

But then you should time yourself doing it and see how long each job takes.

Then you can tweek your pricing system, so your achieving the hourly rate that you need to cover the time, cost and effort involved.

A good business model should give you an idea of the hourly rate you need to achieve to make things work for you. In the area that you live.

Sqm pricing is good to use as a balance between that pricing and in time knowing how long and how involved a job will take to complete. I ballance between £10 per sqm and £250 to £300 per day to remove moss then half that to spray treat the roof  taking about 3hrs. In time with experience you will know how long and how hard it is to clear the roof before a treatment
There would be no point in most window cleaners charging your prices as we would be taking a big Pay cut for doing much harder work , I Price by how long I think the job will take not the sm but both ways will work 

I do t price per sm the cheapest roof clean we do is £400 and that’s for a mid terraced shop and front of roof only . For a normal house it’s anything from £600-1200 we don’t do many but the ones we do do are worth doing . 
Some people just don't want to pay what the job is worth. You just have to target your potential customer zone. What would you all say a good take home per day when a full day's moss removal is at hand. It also seems having the correct holistic approach to pricing and presenting yourself and what you can achieve to the customer.

Some people just don't want to pay what the job is worth. You just have to target your potential customer zone. What would you all say a good take home per day when a full day's moss removal is at hand. It also seems having the correct holistic approach to pricing and presenting yourself and what you can achieve to the customer.
We wouldn’t do anything roof wise for less than £400 we do a few shop roofs that slope towards the Main Street and just do the front half scrape , hypo or bio depending what the  customer wants I explain all methods and let them choose , job takes a morning tops for two people . When doing a house roof prices are £600-1200 + depending on size type etc scaffolding or scaffold tower hire would be extra to the clean price , house roofs  again , some are scrape,and bio/hypo some are pressure wash but Ime getting to old to be doing it that way ???

We wouldn’t do anything roof wise for less than £400 we do a few shop roofs that slope towards the Main Street and just do the front half scrape , hypo or bio depending what the  customer wants I explain all methods and let them choose , job takes a morning tops for two people . When doing a house roof prices are £600-1200 + depending on size type etc scaffolding or scaffold tower hire would be extra to the clean price , house roofs  again , some are scrape,and bio/hypo some are pressure wash but Ime getting to old to be doing it that way ???
I'm winning alot of roof cleans but do need to charge more. Targeting more money rich properties.

Wouldn't waste your time doing square foot calculations as you may gey some wise ar5e who knows how big his roof his and it's not going to cover your time effort and material outlay.

When don't use just stick to a fixed price like a marginal £350

What softwash system are yo using as a matter of interest, were also new into rood cleaning and using sq meter as a barometer between 8.50-12 depending on size and area (we are in Surrey) untill we get more experienced and can quote on how long we think the job will take.

Back