Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Bad drainage & pools of water?

Herm

Had a job this week and it had poor drainage in one area and the patio area it had zero. I spent a lot of time trying to clear the water than doing the job. So the question is, is there something I can get to help suck up the water and dispose off? I do have a wet and dry vac though I'm not sure if this would okay, or should I be getting something else? 

Thanks as always.

Wet and dry vacs work well but there is also a Sludge gulper attachment that goes on the PW. It sprays the pressure washer water up the hose which causes suction so it sucks the dirty water to the other end of the pipe. Have a google for 'pressure washer Sludge gulper'.

Wet and dry vacs work well but there is also a Sludge gulper attachment that goes on the PW. It sprays the pressure washer water up the hose which causes suction so it sucks the dirty water to the other end of the pipe. Have a google for 'pressure washer Sludge gulper'.
ace thanks, I'll check it out now. My worry with the wet and dry vac was big amounts of water and electric, plus if the client wasn't about I'd have no access to electric. 

ace thanks, I'll check it out now. My worry with the wet and dry vac was big amounts of water and electric, plus if the client wasn't about I'd have no access to electric. 
I have only seen the sludge gulpers in action on youtube but they don't need anything other than the PW you are using to remove the water and, need to empty, as it's just a pipe to move water from 1 location to another.

I have only seen the sludge gulpers in action on youtube but they don't need anything other than the PW you are using to remove the water and, need to empty, as it's just a pipe to move water from 1 location to another.
perfect fella, this sounds ideal and handy to have on certain jobs.  A lesson learnt for sure. 

Had a job this week and it had poor drainage in one area and the patio area it had zero. I spent a lot of time trying to clear the water than doing the job. So the question is, is there something I can get to help suck up the water and dispose off? I do have a wet and dry vac though I'm not sure if this would okay, or should I be getting something else? 

Thanks as always.
Get a Clarke hippo puddle pump and 10m 25mm lay flat hose

Wet vac - GVS panther

Pressure washer venturi mud pump

many ways to remove water

Secondly get the customer to get a drain inspection if your not a drainage expert

Could be pitch collapse or root ingress in the drain or a bigger blockage elsewhere

Get a Clarke hippo puddle pump and 10m 25mm lay flat hose

Wet vac - GVS panther

Pressure washer venturi mud pump

many ways to remove water

Secondly get the customer to get a drain inspection if your not a drainage expert

Could be pitch collapse or root ingress in the drain or a bigger blockage elsewhere
Thanks Apw. All a learning curve at the moment 

Thanks Apw. All a learning curve at the moment 
There's nothing wrong with learning as we go. Doing your homework and thinking outside the box is how I problem solve.

Just think of everything that can go wrong and study everything

Latest Posts

Back