Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Roof Scraper blades

Ges Clean Ltd

Hi Guys, doing our first roof clean (moss removal), its only a double garage but ime glad its a small as it allows us to practise a bit before bigger jobs, looking at Rutland pumps and spinaclean for scrapers and they are both around £350 for a set, spinaclean offer with a pole for £423 - presuming you need so many scrapers ?

Going to use the x-jet and hypho from ground level for the softwash, our honda from Rutland has the pressure valve which we can turn down low for this - be interested if anyone else uses this method, i go have a gardiner backpack but thought i would try the X-jet as we doing a massive driveway at the same property on the day.

Any thoughts or advise appreciated, thanks

Hi Guys, doing our first roof clean (moss removal), its only a double garage but ime glad its a small as it allows us to practise a bit before bigger jobs, looking at Rutland pumps and spinaclean for scrapers and they are both around £350 for a set, spinaclean offer with a pole for £423 - presuming you need so many scrapers ?

Going to use the x-jet and hypho from ground level for the softwash, our honda from Rutland has the pressure valve which we can turn down low for this - be interested if anyone else uses this method, i go have a gardiner backpack but thought i would try the X-jet as we doing a massive driveway at the same property on the day.

Any thoughts or advise appreciated, thanks
Youtube - Squeaky clean Dave competition end tomorrow

Have you not watched any YouTube videos on roof scrapers ?

Marshal

Freeman's flexi scrapers

Spina clean skyscraper

Roof scraper UK

8 minutes ago, Apw1210 said:

Youtube - Squeaky clean Dave competition end tomorrow

Have you not watched any YouTube videos on roof scrapers ?

Marshal

Freeman's flexi scrapers

Spina clean skyscraper

Roof scraper UK

Just checked, cut off to enter the draw was 11th July , nice video though

Have looked at all the vids etc, suppose just getting a feel of what works for people on here as there are quite a few options out there, I’ve got the sky vac (atom) so steering towards spinaclean as i think the scrapers might fit onto the pole, recommendations are a good starting point for a newcomer to roof cleaning

Have looked at all the vids etc, suppose just getting a feel of what works for people on here as there are quite a few options out there, I’ve got the sky vac (atom) so steering towards spinaclean as i think the scrapers might fit onto the pole, recommendations are a good starting point for a newcomer to roof cleaning
I did the same mate, give them a bell and purchase over the phone from them telling them you’ve brought before and they should know 30/50 quid off for you, did for me anyway 

One thing I think is useful is that the point of attachment to the blade holder can rotate. Some have multiple angles some don't. I have a Freemans Flexi scraper and this has a square mounting on the blade holder, so it can only be adjusted in 90 degree increments. I am not talking about the other adjustment that alters the angle relative to the pole (like gooseneck). It's a bit difficult to describe, but if you are just scraping down then 1 angle adjustment is fine as you get blade at 90 degrees to roof. If however, you want to scrape from side to side i.e. the edge of the tiles you need 2 angles i.e 1 to get blade at 90 degrees to roof and other so you have a 45 to the end of the tiles.

Hope that makes sense?

One thing I think is useful is that the point of attachment to the blade holder can rotate. Some have multiple angles some don't. I have a Freemans Flexi scraper and this has a square mounting on the blade holder, so it can only be adjusted in 90 degree increments. I am not talking about the other adjustment that alters the angle relative to the pole (like gooseneck). It's a bit difficult to describe, but if you are just scraping down then 1 angle adjustment is fine as you get blade at 90 degrees to roof. If however, you want to scrape from side to side i.e. the edge of the tiles you need 2 angles i.e 1 to get blade at 90 degrees to roof and other so you have a 45 to the end of the tiles.

Hope that makes sense?
Hi Ched, have ordered the sky scrapers from spina clean as they have a 25% discount going, i think they do the adjustments as you've described (i hope)

Back