Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Keeping Cool in Hot Weather

WCF

Help Support WCF:

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Anyone got any tips for keeping cool in this hot weather? No air con in my van and getting through a tin of water spray a day.

Thanks
I have been told that these neck cooling scarf work well. You soak them in cold water and the gel holds the water so you get a cooling effect round your neck without it dripping everywhere. Not tried them myself yet.

Anyone got any tips for keeping cool in this hot weather? No air con in my van and getting through a tin of water spray a day.

Thanks
Yes plenty as covered in previous posts

Brimmed army bush hat

Hydration. Yellow Pi55 means drink more water

1980s tennis wrist bands soaked in water help lower the bodies core temperature

Military jungle neck tie (BCB survival)

lightweight breathable walking trousers or shorts

self wicking army t shirt

Or it you can't handle it stay at home haha ?

I decided to buy one of these cooler boxes, will report my findings when I get it this week.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B097T6B6JW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Cold water isn't good for cooling the core. Warm water or tea as it's not a heavy diuretic

Apw1210 said:

Brimmed army bush hat

Cold water isn't good for cooling the core. Warm water or tea as it's not a heavy diuretic
You going to dangle your goolies in the cool box?

Brimmed army bush hat

You going to dangle your goolies in the cool box?
Mate works at Irn Bru so hands in a case every week which I will fill it with. Will only need it a few weeks a year up here. ?

Get a van with air con when you can afford it....it makes a world of difference at lunchtime and driving to and from jobs...I also have extra cold drinks in the van that have been in the freezer for an hour or two,suncream,sunglasses and a cap,I eat more fruit which seems to help(I have a blue ice block in my lunch bag which keeps it cold)gym type polo shirts and comfortable shorts....all helps in this heat...

Oh and WORK SHORT DAYS!??

For me in this extreme heat, I just do a couple of hours in the mornings then enjoy the rest of the day off. Hate working in this heat and enjoy the extra downtime.  Done my fair share of working through it in the past but it's not for me anymore.  Here in the midlands, I think we're back to sensible temperatures on Friday so it's just nice to enjoy the weather in comfort at home.

i even turned my heater off today and doused my head  in cool pure water at one point this afternoon!?

another 3 days of this yet.....i find it hard to sleep at night in this heat so i have an electric fan on full blast all night next to my bed.....

Did a full day yesterday. Took me 8 hours to do 10 houses, albeit substantial houses. 

Today, in 90 minutes I've done 2 regular houses. Currently sitting in the vehicle, in the shade with the air con on full. 

I can't stop because I'm off next week, followed by part time hours through the summer holidays. 

Need to crack on. Got 5L of water, hat, factor 50, working slowly with breaks. 8 more houses today, no pressure on timing so steady as she goes. 

Heard we may get storms here in Kent today...

Last edited by a moderator:
Did a full day yesterday. Took me 8 hours to do 10 houses, albeit substantial houses. 

Today, in 90 minutes I've done 2 regular houses. Currently sitting in the vehicle, in the shade with the air con on full. 

I can't stop because I'm off next week, followed by part time hours through the summer holidays. 

Need to crack on. Got 5L of water, hat, factor 50, working slowly with breaks. 8 more houses today, no pressure on timing so steady as she goes. 

Heard we may get storms here in Kent today...
Sorry for you dude.  Careful when you're drinking the water, if you just drink lots of water throughout the day it will deplete your body of everything.  Good to have some sugar after a bit to give you energy.  

Sorry for you dude.  Careful when you're drinking the water, if you just drink lots of water throughout the day it will deplete your body of everything.  Good to have some sugar after a bit to give you energy.  
Oh I eat too to ensure I get the right nutrients etc. And I sip throughout the day ?

Just stopped for lunch and and cappuccino ?

We have a so called first ever Amber warning for extreme heat in Devon for the next few days.

It's always hot in summer so I'm guessing the issued warning is for those that lack knowledge of seasonal weather

I'm waiting it out now, yesterday was too hot so I'm chilling out till it drops to around 25c.  Think Friday will be first day it cools.
You're right I think.

Starting to cool a bit from Friday but looks like it will stay fairly warm.

The next important issue according to my weather studying is the likelihood of severe rain and thunderstorms moving in to Cornwall, probably on Friday night and Saturday morning, then spreading East and North over the weekend to give most of the country a taste.

Drier weather likely to move in from the west on Monday as the wind veers more northerly to herald the return of high pressure and more settled weather. Temperatures next week probably not as high as at the moment.

I'm interested in the weather and tides as I like to have an idea of how it all works, being a sea kayaker and before that a sea angler. ⚓?

Back