Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

No Outside Tap Available

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ges Clean Ltd

Hi we get quite a few requests for patio cleans where there is no outside tap, do you guys just pass on these jobs or do you use an adaptor from the kitchen sink ? Also would prob be a pain lugging the jet washer around and waiting forever for the butt to fill ?Seems like a hassle and not sure if i can be bothered, although ime thinking i could increase the price for these kind of jobs ?

Hi we get quite a few requests for patio cleans where there is no outside tap, do you guys just pass on these jobs or do you use an adaptor from the kitchen sink ? Also would prob be a pain lugging the jet washer around and waiting forever for the butt to fill ?Seems like a hassle and not sure if i can be bothered, although ime thinking i could increase the price for these kind of jobs ?
No, I don't pass on any jobs because I lack knowledge problem solving or the ability to adapt and overcome issues

Washing machine / dishwasher use 3/4" isolators screw disconnect the OEM hose and screw on a hozelock connector male

Kitchen downstairs bathroom toilet all have taps, be prepared and carry an array of tap compression hoselock connectors

Use 3/4" garden hose, more volume, use two hoses parallel if the pressure is high to get more flow

There is a solution for everything, you just need to think outside of the box

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are OK at diy then you could offer to either install them an outdoor tap (at a cost) or fit a washing machine self cutting tap, although they don't give great flow they are better than trying to connect things to taps and spraying water everywhere ?

If you are OK at diy then you could offer to either install them an outdoor tap (at a cost) or fit a washing machine self cutting tap, although they don't give great flow they are better than trying to connect things to taps and spraying water everywhere ?
Stupid building regs on outside tap installs now days as everythingis changing. I can do one in 20 mins plus all solder joints

Another benefit to add is a towbar and towning entitlement which many newbies won't have. I have access to a bowser if needed which is always a deal maker

I would pass on the job as if you use an inside tap and there is a leak you would be help responsible and your insurance will not cover any damage , if they cannot afford an outside tap then I doubt they will be able to afford to have anything pressure washed anyway ????

I would pass on the job as if you use an inside tap and there is a leak you would be help responsible and your insurance will not cover any damage , if they cannot afford an outside tap then I doubt they will be able to afford to have anything pressure washed anyway ????
Thanks for the advise, yep over the years we have learnt to say no in our cleaning business (internal) so i guess its the same principle, keep it relatively simple........

Back