Jump to content

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Getting paint off fence slabs and windows


AdamS

Recommended Posts

Hi all just after a bit of advice. I've been to look at a job where the neighbours have sprayed there fence and it's gone all over the customers fence, windows and slabs. I'm confident on getting it off the windows and slabs but it's just the fence. Also this is going through insurance and police is it worth taking the job as I've never dealt with a insurance job before. I will try and attach some pictures 

20210719_191432.jpg

20210719_191352.jpg

Link to comment
Just now, Part Timer said:

Only if the insurance company says so in writing.

Thanks I will put my quote across and state I want written confirmation that they accept.

Link to comment
3 minutes ago, Pjj said:

Sounds like a job to avoid at all costs to me , wouldn’t evan Clean it off the windows 😂😂😂😂

I know I'm in 2 minds do I quote high and if I get it wait months to be paid lol. Or just walk away and move onto the next 

Link to comment
3 minutes ago, AdamS said:

I know I'm in 2 minds do I quote high and if I get it wait months to be paid lol. Or just walk away and move onto the next 

My reasoning is why take on work like this that could end up with problems when you could be doing regular window cleaning and earn better money , each to there own but that would be my take on it , if you don’t have enough work then I can understand you doing it but once you start a job like that the buck stops  with you and if the customer isn’t happy with the results you could be out of pocket . 

Link to comment
13 minutes ago, Pjj said:

My reasoning is why take on work like this that could end up with problems when you could be doing regular window cleaning and earn better money , each to there own but that would be my take on it , if you don’t have enough work then I can understand you doing it but once you start a job like that the buck stops  with you and if the customer isn’t happy with the results you could be out of pocket . 

Yeah I know what you mean. I do windows and gutters part time and I have just got a pressure washer as I keep getting asked to do drives etc. If it wasn't for the insurance part I would take the job as I love the challenge and the end result 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, AdamS said:

Hi all just after a bit of advice. I've been to look at a job where the neighbours have sprayed there fence and it's gone all over the customers fence, windows and slabs. I'm confident on getting it off the windows and slabs but it's just the fence. Also this is going through insurance and police is it worth taking the job as I've never dealt with a insurance job before. I will try and attach some pictures 

20210719_191432.jpg

20210719_191352.jpg

 I personally would turn around and wave good bye to that job. Not worth the hassle. You could end up etching them with chemical in trying to clean them.

That's only my opinion though

Link to comment
  • 1 month later...

As you as you said police and insurance you know that as soon as you touch anything next-door are going to say you done something and try claim back I'd run for hills 

Link to comment

One of my customers has just had her rendered house painted and the decorator has ruined next doors frames, sills and panes with splash marks, my customer told her she would pay to have them cleaned for her, then thought id do it for £25 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I told her im not touching it and she should get the decorator back but hes refusing to talk to her.

 

Its a neighbour dispute that im not willing to get involved in

  • Agree 2
Link to comment

I had a painter ruin my customers window frames with paint specs every where. Old ornate leaded windows caked in it, lead in all.

It was easy to remove from the glass but the frames were a nightmare, and I just advised the customer I couldn't help.

As for the fence panels, I think replacing them is probably there best bet, and tell the neighbour to use a brush not a sprayer.

As payment goes i personally wouldn't deal with an insurance job, not speaker from experience, just think that's going to be more hassle again. Tack on 30%, if your going for it, but for me I would walk.

Link to comment
11 hours ago, HWCS said:

One of my customers has just had her rendered house painted and the decorator has ruined next doors frames, sills and panes with splash marks, my customer told her she would pay to have them cleaned for her, then thought id do it for £25 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I told her im not touching it and she should get the decorator back but hes refusing to talk to her.

 

Its a neighbour dispute that im not willing to get involved in

Surely under his PL Insurance he should have to pay for the clean up he has caused damage to a property, it is shocking though what some tradesmen think is acceptable I have seen damaged doors and brickwork after people have had landscaping done and some these are fairly new houses as in a few months old 

Link to comment
2 hours ago, Iron Giant said:

Surely under his PL Insurance he should have to pay for the clean up he has caused damage to a property, it is shocking though what some tradesmen think is acceptable I have seen damaged doors and brickwork after people have had landscaping done and some these are fairly new houses as in a few months old 

Probably doesn’t have insurance like many so called tradesmen 😂😂

Link to comment
3 hours ago, Iron Giant said:

Surely under his PL Insurance he should have to pay for the clean up he has caused damage to a property, it is shocking though what some tradesmen think is acceptable I have seen damaged doors and brickwork after people have had landscaping done and some these are fairly new houses as in a few months old 

Probably took the cheapest quote  and now realises why they were.

One of my customers wanted his composite door and garage door painted. 2 people quoted circa £300 and one quoted£120. He took the £120 job and slated the other 2 for trying to rip him off. Within 2 months it had started to flake off, he now realises who ripped him off.

Edited by Part Timer
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
6 hours ago, Part Timer said:

Probably took the cheapest quote  and now realises why they were.

One of my customers wanted his composite door and garage door painted. 2 people quoted circa £300 and one quoted£120. He took the £120 job and slated the other 2 for trying to rip him off. Within 2 months it had started to flake off, he now realises who ripped him off.

People are comparing the price only and aren't looking at the service and quality a 2 star service is what he paid for and is what he got if he stumped for the 5 star service he wouldn't be whining, 

Same with us as I mentioned in another topic, if they are charging 50% or less there is a reason and it's 💩 that they are paying for. 

Link to comment
18 minutes ago, Iron Giant said:

People are comparing the price only and aren't looking at the service and quality a 2 star service is what he paid for and is what he got if he stumped for the 5 star service he wouldn't be whining, 

Same with us as I mentioned in another topic, if they are charging 50% or less there is a reason and it's 💩 that they are paying for. 

While I agree and in this case he had 2 quotes about £300 so he should have realised there was a difference. The problem is sometimes the people who do a naff job will charge same as top quality one!! Without lots of reviews (over a long period of time) or personal recommendations it's always difficult to find decent trades people.

It's always difficult to find good quality in everything. I have no problem paying for stuff but i do want decent quality. 

Silly example - a remote switch for my backpack from Amazon, they start at about £10 and go up to about £30 - problem is if you look close all based on same rf (radio) module.  I would happily pay a bit more for a decent reliable one. I know oneShot exists but I'm not convinced that it's range is any better or it uses a different rf module..

Edited by ched999uk
Link to comment

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Ad Blocker Detected

Please disable your ad blocker

Our forum relies on ads to pay for the servers and our time maintaining and running the forum.

Sadly running a forum like this is not free, and due to our popularity, we need servers that can handle the amount of traffic and resources our forum uses.

 

If you do not wish to see ads on our site, please consider supporting the forum with a membership subscription.

 

Accept