Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Automatic Lawnmowers

Arrived at first job this morning and pulled hose out of van across grass and noticed on the grass  one of these Husqvarna Automated Mowers moving around. Problem is, I’ve never encountered one before. “Are they intelligent enough to turn around, before they hit my hose ?, Will they damage my hose if they cross it or even worse, will it damage itself on my hose ?” I wondered. Rang the bell. Custy comes out 5 mins later. “I was sleeping!” (So I gather these lawnmowers wake themselves up and just crack on at a preprogrammed time.) so he pressed a button on his phone and it returned to its charging station. Went over the road to another house and here’s another one. Just tried to keep the hose out the way this time (cos I was a long way from the front door.) anyway they are really quiet and it crept up on me and snarled as it went over my pole hose. I looked down, expecting to see water squirting out everywhere but it was fine. Just wondering if anyone else has had bother encountering one of these. 

F5CA6F8F-51D9-4F87-872B-AE2AA6C7D924.jpeg

You must work in the posh part of the NE 😂 To answer your question no experience

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, Part Timer said:

You must work in the posh part of the NE 😂 To answer your question no experience

well its moving and not on bricks so thats a plus, 

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, Part Timer said:

Aye.. up near Hexham

2 hours ago, Rickadoo said:

Arrived at first job this morning and pulled hose out of van across grass and noticed on the grass  one of these Husqvarna Automated Mowers moving around. Problem is, I’ve never encountered one before. “Are they intelligent enough to turn around, before they hit my hose ?, Will they damage my hose if they cross it or even worse, will it damage itself on my hose ?” I wondered. Rang the bell. Custy comes out 5 mins later. “I was sleeping!” (So I gather these lawnmowers wake themselves up and just crack on at a preprogrammed time.) so he pressed a button on his phone and it returned to its charging station. Went over the road to another house and here’s another one. Just tried to keep the hose out the way this time (cos I was a long way from the front door.) anyway they are really quiet and it crept up on me and snarled as it went over my pole hose. I looked down, expecting to see water squirting out everywhere but it was fine. Just wondering if anyone else has had bother encountering one of these. 

I remember a guy on Facebook asking people’s opinions as he was going to charge the customer as one had went over and cut his 6mm hose. I’ve seen a couple and give them a wide berth. I’m sure the more people buy them, one will creep up on me one day though. 

3 hours ago, Rickadoo said:

Most work on a digital planner and cut once a week or fortnight and charge on a docking station and lay dormant until required.

They are sharp as they use razor blades and not a conventional one piece blade

Object avoidance is many front facing via ultrasonic or microwave detection and may not scan downloads enough to detect your hose or sun bathing towel

I have a few customers with them. I press the big "Stop" button on it and, if I see the customer, I tell them that I have. They all know that I press the button and never had a problem with them. I explained to them that it would rip my hose to shreds if it went over it.

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.