Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Looking at getting a Peugeot partner van

Dt 20

Any of you’d got a Peugeot partner 

I’m looking at getting one and putting a 500l tank in it 

would my poles fit in right or would they have to be on a angle ? 

Be mindful that a 500L thank with water full will weight 500kg plus the tank at around 24kg the frame at 100+km your poles other cleaning ancillaries plus yourself and you are exceeding your payload rating not to mention if you have a passenger your buggered

A 350L tank is what you need

Poles will only fit along the OS panel and most have a cab ceiling headliner designed for long objects but you'll struggle with anything bigger that a 22ft pole and brush

Last edited by a moderator:
I had one a couple of years ago. I could just about fit an slx 18 down the right hand side into the roof lining where the 2nd side door rails would be if it had a door on that side which mine didn’t. I had the 850 payload version. Was a good little van but I just found it to small. And that was with a 250l tank. Be even tighter with a 500l

Lwb version would be better for a 500l tank and  poles 

bigger payload 
I thought the payload max was 850kg on the heavy duty ones, I have seen on some lwb it's more like 825kg as the extra 30cm has some weight to it. You are right that there is more space in the longer ones but be careful as wheel base is same so watch the axle loads.

I have a Peugeot partner van, the Payload is only 600kg, the maximum tank you can have is a 400L, then with your equipment and 1 operator you're up close to your 600L payload.

I see after you're looking at a LWB, mine is the standard so would have to look again at the payloads 

I have a Peugeot partner van, the Payload is only 600kg, the maximum tank you can have is a 400L, then with your equipment and 1 operator you're up close to your 600L payload.

I see after you're looking at a LWB, mine is the standard so would have to look again at the payloads 
Exactly my point. It's not alot

I've got the 1000kg payload partner at the moment mate. I've got mine on a year lease deal at the moment cos I'm at a bit of a crossroads with where I'm taking my business so decided to do a great deal on a lease rather than commit to buying a bigger or smaller van and the regretting it if I changed the direction in going in. I've got 500L flat tank in mine and my slx 25 pole fits on and angle inside van but cant get it length ways which to me doesnt matter but I know to some it would. In every way so far i love the van nice cab with the iPad style screen and middle seat fold down to become a desk. If you want 500L tank I would definately get the 1000kg payload otherwise your gonna be pushing it.

To clarify:

In 2019 Peugeot brought out a new Partner van that is available in lwb and swb having a payload of about 650kg to 950/1000kg (1000kg available in short and 950kg long wheelbase).

2010 to 2019 850kg and 625kg both short wheelbase the lwb has 750kg - lower payload has 75hp engine high payload 90hp

Pre 2010 800kg and 600kg versions available all same length. Most had 75hp 1.6Hdi but some higher payload had 2.0Hdi engines.

Just remember that if you are overloaded and get pulled you are likely to get a big fine - you can't say it's fine as Gripper told me it was OK. So be careful and do your homework. Then there axle load to consider, too much load over either axle will badly effect the brakes!!!!

Gripper said a 500l tank is okay for a lwb 

View attachment 25196
But they didn't ask you what other equipment you'll carry, how much you weigh, how heavy your battery, poles, buckets, etc.

With the upmost respect, it's not as easy as choose a van then a tank.

There's alot of contributing factors regarding weights you also need to consider.

In simple terms:

500L tank with water =500kg

empty tank weight = 24kg

Tank frame & fixings =45kg

yourself marginally = 76kg

Battery = 15kg

Hand tools poles = 15kg

Work it out for yourself and look at the bigger picture

If the maximum payload for example is 680kg

But they didn't ask you what other equipment you'll carry, how much you weigh, how heavy your battery, poles, buckets, etc.

There's alot of contributing factors regarding weights you also need to consider.

In simple terms:

empty tank weight = 24kg

Battery = 15kg

Hand tools poles = 15kg

Lol wish I did only weigh 76 kg ????

In simple terms:

empty tank weight = 24kg

Battery = 15kg

Hand tools poles = 15kg

Don't forget a full tank of fuel will be about 50kg!!!

Back