Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Clovis and outdoors...

Jonny 67

This is by no means a scientific survey, but how many of you guys have caught Covid. My wife has just recovered from it, and I had to isolate. The house was awash with the virus, as I didn't want to lock her in her room ?. At no time did I even believe that I would catch it, as I have a theory that if you're active and work outside, you've less chance of catching it, vitamin D, fresh air etc. I'm double jabbed, but I know that people still catch it after vaccination, though their symptoms are just flu like. In my family there are three outdoor workers, who have lived in the house, whilst their partner/wife had the virus, and they didn't catch it.....

There was a statistic the other day on the news that 60% of people dying from Covid in hospital have been double jabbed!!!!!!!

The best thing to do is try not to catch it by reducing risks wherever possible.

My partners family caught it last Jan, well all but the 16 year old son!!! Last week he had symptoms and tested +ve. So even though he didn't catch the Kent variant in Jan he did catch the Delta one now, he thought he was immune (as he was young!)!

While the chances of dying with covid after being double jabbed are very much reduced they don't seem to have said you are less likely to get long covid. 

You are right that working outdoors means you are less likely to catch it at work but you still have same risk from an infected person breathing on you or you picking up something in a shop that has been coughed on etc.

Don't take things for granted the risk is not worth it, minimise your risks where you can.

Obviously it's up to you how you live your life but look at the risk vs reward and weigh it up then make your decisions. 

This is by no means a scientific survey, but how many of you guys have caught Covid. My wife has just recovered from it, and I had to isolate. The house was awash with the virus, as I didn't want to lock her in her room ?. At no time did I even believe that I would catch it, as I have a theory that if you're active and work outside, you've less chance of catching it, vitamin D, fresh air etc. I'm double jabbed, but I know that people still catch it after vaccination, though their symptoms are just flu like. In my family there are three outdoor workers, who have lived in the house, whilst their partner/wife had the virus, and they didn't catch it.....
Hope she makes a full recovery and doesn't get hit with long covid.

Me personally, live alone, go to work and distance myself from everyone, don't drink so don't go to pubs or clubs & nor do I eat out.

The chances of infection in my personal opinion are still high and I do not want to catch it.

All it takes is one person one cough or contaminated contact surface

I respect the virus and do all I can to protect others but still go about my business with the upmost caution

I think living with someone who has it or has had it is a big issue and something that leaves you feeling anxious about getting it yourself

I had it fairly badly Easter last year, early doors. Rang 111 who told me to ring 999. Told me if my breathing got any worse I would be admitted. Fortunately it didn't and I'm still here. Energy levels were low for a few weeks but soon back to graft with no apparent side effects.

One of my wife’s ex colleagues is 24 years old. Fit and healthy with 3 kids. Caught it and up until last week was in a serious condition in hospital. I’m a bit sketchy on the details but the general feeling was even if she survives she will have serious health issues for sometime. Do not think she’s been jabbed but it’s funny how some seem to be more genetically at risk than others. 
I intend to take every precaution I can to avoid it. Freedom day has actually been the opposite for me as I’m more careful than ever. 

My cousin caught Covid back at the tail end of last year,

She now has long covid and it's crippled her to which she now lives in agony, can't walk or continue her previous way of life.

I've not had any physical contact with her as it's not safe.

When you see the media and the figures it really hits home hard when someone in your family is clinging onto life by a thread

my stepson caught it 6 months ago...he still hasnt got his sense of taste and smell back...he says food tastes and smells like burnt plastic....he had no other symptoms though....nobody else in the house caught it which is strange as the experts are always banging on about how infectious it is....

its gotta be the strangest virus ever.....

my stepson caught it 6 months ago...he still hasnt got his sense of taste and smell back...he says food tastes and smells like burnt plastic....he had no other symptoms though....nobody else in the house caught it which is strange as the experts are always banging on about how infectious it is....

its gotta be the strangest virus ever.....
I suppose it would be,  having been developed in a biologic warfare lab.

I think I read that the west was involved in what went on in the facility that you're talking about. I'm sure Europe and the US contributed financially to the research that went on there. I'm pretty sure everything that did go on in there was in our best interests ( watch out, spyware is about) ?

I think I read that the west was involved in what went on in the facility that you're talking about. I'm sure Europe and the US contributed financially to the research that went on there. I'm pretty sure everything that did go on in there was in our best interests ( watch out, spyware is about) ?
Oh yes. Our "experts" : English, Canadian, French, American and no doubt other nationalities, were involved in it, and then kicked out when they were no longer needed, having passed on their knowledge and our funding.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it was developed for biological warfare then why would any country make a virus that mainly killed off the old and those who had pre existing medical conditions?

You would target the exact opposite.

The young ones are the ones that are needed in the event of war. So they should be a biological warfare target. If you target the old then you are actually doing a country a favour! Think of the pension savings, the medical savings plus freeing up housing stock, to name but a few benefits any gov would see!

Then again maybe you are on to something. Maybe it was developed to reduce the older generations, kill off the old and infirm!!

I heard someone say that the vaccine weakens your immune system, that's why he's not vaccinated. I didn't want to be a smart Alec and suggest that 12 pints of Stella, 20 fags and a kebab 3 nights at the weekend might not be great for your immune system!

If it was developed for biological warfare then why would any country make a virus that mainly killed off the old and those who had pre existing medical conditions?

The young ones are the ones that are needed in the event of war. So they should be a biological warfare target. If you target the old then you are actually doing a country a favour! Think of the pension savings, the medical savings plus freeing up housing stock, to name but a few benefits any gov would see!

Then again maybe you are on to something. Maybe it was developed to reduce the older generations, kill off the old and infirm!!
I don't know the exact thinking behind it. Of course I don't. But I trust my instincts absolutely.

No point in starting a war of mutual assured destruction where all the infrastructure is destroyed or contaminated for decades if not centuries for attacker and defender. Think of the destruction of the second world war also the accidents at Chernobil and Fukushima in fairly recent years.

If you were really ruthless, think of Putin and the leaders of China and North Korea. What about releasing a plague or a few variations and seeing what would happen around the world while leaving the infrastructures untouched?

I don't know, like I said, but I certainly smell a rat.

I don't know the exact thinking behind it. Of course I don't. But I trust my instincts absolutely.

No point in starting a war of mutual assured destruction where all the infrastructure is destroyed or contaminated for decades if not centuries for attacker and defender. Think of the destruction of the second world war also the accidents at Chernobil and Fukushima in fairly recent years.

If you were really ruthless, think of Putin and the leaders of China and North Korea. What about releasing a plague or a few variations and seeing what would happen around the world while leaving the infrastructures untouched?

I don't know, like I said, but I certainly smell a rat.
The planet is over populated, and something has to happen. Why not develop virus' and release them when you have a vaccine, and then after a year or so start a vaccination programme. You could in this day in age use drones to spread the virus, in any part of the world you wished. I can smell a rat too. This is not the end of covid, just the beginning!

The world has pandemics every 100 years or so, so not really surprising. The problem with humans is they are not interested in history so we keep repeating it.
Yes SCS, that's correct. However, there are lots of people out there that think this is population control. Health care and pension costs are spiralling out of control, as people live longer. The pressure on natural resources etc. etc. I mean, there's an Indian yogi who fathered a child recently. What's the big deal you may ask? He was 101, for goodness sake! If that's not an example for the need to be responsible, then I don't know what is!

Yes SCS, that's correct. However, there are lots of people out there that think this is population control. Health care and pension costs are spiralling out of control, as people live longer. The pressure on natural resources etc. etc. I mean, there's an Indian yogi who fathered a child recently. What's the big deal you may ask? He was 101, for goodness sake! If that's not an example for the need to be responsible, then I don't know what is!
I have always wondered what would happen to earth if there was no humans on it? Nothing would really happen because nature is always in constant balance since time began. That's when I realised we are the problem and cause all the problems. I don't think there is too many folk on earth, if there was then we would create regulations like China had or bring in euthanasia which more countries are signing into law.

I have always wondered what would happen to earth if there was no humans on it? Nothing would really happen because nature is always in constant balance since time began. That's when I realised we are the problem and cause all the problems. I don't think there is too many folk on earth, if there was then we would create regulations like China had or bring in euthanasia which more countries are signing into law.
If I end up sitting in a chair with someone chewing my food so I can digest it, then I've told my family to get me to Switzerland double quick. I mean, the corgis were blamed for soiling the sofa, but when the queen mum went, so did the soiling. I never want my corgis to have to go through that...

I've always thought it was man made, it's just whether it was released by accident or accidently on purpose.  What they were up to I've got a number of theories, some were for the good of human race, others the opposite, but put it this way, I very much doubt any government is upset that's it's killing mainly older people who are the biggest cost on the health systems, taking good pensions that are no longer affordable and quite many of them living in large houses on their own.  Think of the problems that the globe has, lack of money to care for the old, lack of money to give proper health care to everyone, lack of money in the pension pots, lack of houses to home everyone.  

I think too many people are too scared of the virus though.  To put in into perspective, the flu kills around 20,000 people a year in the UK.  But, and this is a massive but, the flu has pretty much disappeared completely around the globe.  So whilst covid might be killing around 20,000 people per year [probably a lot less], well the flu isn't killing anybody because it's gone.  So Covid has just replaced the flu.

They think eventually the flu will come back, but they say there will only ever be one dominant virus, so whether it's the flu or covid, both will kill the same amount of people.

And before anybody jumps in and says the flu doesn't kill as many as covid has killed.  Covid killed people when we didn't have a vaccine.  With the flu, well we've been vaccinating people for years, without the vaccine for the flu we would have seen a higher death rate than covid.

So people need to learn to just live with it.  

I'm not getting a jab because I quite frankly don't trust them.  I'm happy knowing the risks and if the jab works then people shouldn't be unhappy with my decision, as they themselves can get the jab and save themselves if they believe it works.

The reason I don't trust them is initially they said that the jabs reduce the chance of you getting the virus by 90%, well that's pretty much been proven to be completely wrong.  If the majority of the population has now been double vaccinated but the cases are still rising [up until last week] then this proves that wrong.

In the last two weeks 3 people I know have caught the virus, they are the only 3 people I know who have caught it and all 3 have been double jabbed.  

I just think we're being told lots of lies and people are acting like sheep and not using their brains.  Nobody has a backbone to stand up and question what we are being told.

I've always thought it was man made, it's just whether it was released by accident or accidently on purpose.  What they were up to I've got a number of theories, some were for the good of human race, others the opposite, but put it this way, I very much doubt any government is upset that's it's killing mainly older people who are the biggest cost on the health systems, taking good pensions that are no longer affordable and quite many of them living in large houses on their own.  Think of the problems that the globe has, lack of money to care for the old, lack of money to give proper health care to everyone, lack of money in the pension pots, lack of houses to home everyone.  

I think too many people are too scared of the virus though.  To put in into perspective, the flu kills around 20,000 people a year in the UK.  But, and this is a massive but, the flu has pretty much disappeared completely around the globe.  So whilst covid might be killing around 20,000 people per year [probably a lot less], well the flu isn't killing anybody because it's gone.  So Covid has just replaced the flu.

They think eventually the flu will come back, but they say there will only ever be one dominant virus, so whether it's the flu or covid, both will kill the same amount of people.

And before anybody jumps in and says the flu doesn't kill as many as covid has killed.  Covid killed people when we didn't have a vaccine.  With the flu, well we've been vaccinating people for years, without the vaccine for the flu we would have seen a higher death rate than covid.

So people need to learn to just live with it.  

I'm not getting a jab because I quite frankly don't trust them.  I'm happy knowing the risks and if the jab works then people shouldn't be unhappy with my decision, as they themselves can get the jab and save themselves if they believe it works.

The reason I don't trust them is initially they said that the jabs reduce the chance of you getting the virus by 90%, well that's pretty much been proven to be completely wrong.  If the majority of the population has now been double vaccinated but the cases are still rising [up until last week] then this proves that wrong.

In the last two weeks 3 people I know have caught the virus, they are the only 3 people I know who have caught it and all 3 have been double jabbed.  

I just think we're being told lots of lies and people are acting like sheep and not using their brains.  Nobody has a backbone to stand up and question what we are being told.
kiss goodbye to going abroad on holiday mate,or going to a music festival,theatre or football match.....ill be thinking about you when im sunning myself in greece in september.......??

personally i think your a very silly boy.....if you ve been offered the vaccine you should grab it with both hands......

My own personal view on CBRN NBC uses of viruses, chemicals & agents.

China being a screwed up country has many hidden camps and areas that house gypsies and criminals

Maybe the initial virus concept was population control and a quick easy way to eliminate those who they didn't need or contribute towards society

On a global warfare front the virus would be a waste or time where sarin or ricin are more effective

Back