Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Weed killer for bamboo

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Any one no a good brand to kill it next door has it and its broke through the pot and is tearing up my slabs ?
I have used distilled white vinegar neat, I buy it in 5L containers and is classed as food safe so very safe compared to other types of treatments.

You need to find the root mass and pour some on it.

There are other methods such as blow torches and weedkillers

Any one no a good brand to kill it next door has it and its broke through the pot and is tearing up my slabs ?
Bamboo roots are a nightmare. Even stump grinding them was a job, the roots are like concrete ! 

I’d  lift your slabs and remove the roots, with an axe and mattock. 

A customer who is also a friend has been digging out bamboo from his raised plant area, as just found out that the roots can go through walls n his neighbour has put in a new mono block drive.  Roots are massive n spread like crazy, poor guy has done his back in getting them out.

A customer who is also a friend has been digging out bamboo from his raised plant area, as just found out that the roots can go through walls n his neighbour has put in a new mono block drive.  Roots are massive n spread like crazy, poor guy has done his back in getting them out.
Would be cheaper buying a Panda to eat the stuff. ?

On the same thread, a customer of mine was saying his estate has a problem with Knotweed. All the residents have to cover the cost of eradicating it between the houses and the motorway. They don't have any access to the area but the council loaded the area with the housebuilder. The housebuilder didn't want the knotweed strip of land and loaded it into all the residents deeds. Many years later the council told them that they would need to pay for the removal of the knotweed. So in the end the council gets rid of the knotweed and doesn't need to pay for it. ? 

rocksalt /roadsalt will kill any plantlife .  just scatter it around and itll work its way down in the rain 

if you have a tree you want rid of drill a small hole low down in the trunk then push copper nails in .itll die 
This is destructive Bamboo Karen, a complex wide array root system with interconnecting growth stems.

It's like ivy on steroids and very difficult to remove with most chemicals, machines & old diy gardening hacks

Only real way to get rid of bamboo is to dig it up from the roots, and then lay a sunlight blocker over the whole area, plus 5-10 ft either side, and wait for 18-24 months for it to completely die.

Bamboo is almost impossible to get rid of any other way. I'm pretty sure that the council will take a very dim view of bamboo growing and if it's getting out of control they have powers to force your neighbour to have it professionally removed. 

It's Bamboo and Japanese knotweed I  think you can get prosecuted for if you don't take control of it as it destroys buildings.

Latest Posts

Back