Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pump stuck on shaft help !!!!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Davycrocket

Afternoon lads

Common problem I guess, but I've had bars and all kinds of tools trying to push the pump (ws201) off of the 25 mm shaft on the engine with absolutely no luck at at all. The pump has a RS 500 reduction box on it which isn't helping ?

Any hints or tips to help me get this off please?

Thanks

Afternoon lads

Common problem I guess, but I've had bars and all kinds of tools trying to push the pump (ws201) off of the 25 mm shaft on the engine with absolutely no luck at at all. The pump has a RS 500 reduction box on it which isn't helping ?

Any hints or tips to help me get this off please?

Thanks
I did a pump exchange a few years ago and used a few cans of poundland air duster held upside with the straw and sprayed the shaft which froze it and reduced it's size by 2 thou, used a plate splitter to separate them.

Using bars or large screwdrivers puts undue stress on input shafts and bearing seals and seats

Looks like that's the only way its coming off mate yeah.
If you can remove as much of the pump housing to expose the shaft and input structure you could possibly remove it using a puller providing all the force is equal and inline to avoid stressing the gearbox or engine crank

If you can remove as much of the pump housing to expose the shaft and input structure you could possibly remove it using a puller providing all the force is equal and inline to avoid stressing the gearbox or engine crank
I'll have too see if my mate has a puller it's not something I own ?

It it’s of any help post some photos and ill give you some help if needed

I'll have too see if my mate has a puller it's not something I own ?
Ideally for that job a 2 jaw or 3 leg generic bearing puller is best suited

You will be surprised what a bit of heat will do we used to do it all the time when I worked in the garage worked 9 times out of 10 , but you do need to get it very hot . We used an oxy acettelyne torch  
Not something I posses unfortunately mate

Back