Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Is this RO worth anything would you say ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Will you make it

As above I have this RO that a friend sold me probably 5 years ago.

I used it for a while when I was starting on the WFP transitioning from Traditional.

It effective at getting water to 0, 1 from 400ish where we were but it takes 8 hours to make 220ish litres 

I wasn’t using a pump or anything but wonder if it has any value as I stopped using it because I got to busy and needed more water.

Any advice greatly appreciated 

I’ve put a bucket on the belt next to it so you can see the size. 

image.jpg

I used it for a while when I was starting on the WFP transitioning from Traditional.

It effective at getting water to 0, 1 from 400ish where we were but it takes 8 hours to make 220ish litres 

I wasn’t using a pump or anything but wonder if it has any value as I stopped using it because I got to busy and needed more water.

View attachment 25215
I see these pop up regularly on marketplace from anything between £40 - £70

They really aren't that good for large-scale WFP due to the production volume they produce

View attachment 25215
I've been using a similar system for the last seven years. I use two sediment filters in a double, translucent housing (so I can see them) first in the line to protect the pump impeller and the rest of the system. Then a booster pump to take the pressure from around 30 psi to 100 psi. Next a system similar to the one in the photo but with a pressure gauge on the front. I have carbon filters in all three of the vertical housings and finally two DI resin vessels. We use about 2500 litres of purefied water per week, give or take.

We produce in stages rather than full on then left idle, to keep the filters, ROs and resin from sitting idle too long to prevent them from going stale.

The system does us the finest but I couldn't put a cost or second hand value to it off the top of my head.

I've been using a similar system for the last seven years. I use two sediment filters in a double, translucent housing (so I can see them) first in the line to protect the pump impeller and the rest of the system. Then a booster pump to take the pressure from around 30 psi to 100 psi. Next a system similar to the one in the photo but with a pressure gauge on the front. I have carbon filters in all three of the vertical housings and finally two DI resin vessels. We use about 2500 litres of purefied water per week, give or take.

We produce in stages rather than full on then left idle, to keep the filters, ROs and resin from sitting idle too long to prevent them from going stale.

The system does us the finest but I couldn't put a cost or second hand value to it off the top of my head.
That’s really interesting thanks Davy - It’s really in good condition when I wipe the dust of it - which I haven’t in the photos!

I will advertise it for £60 ONO and see it anyone would like it I think… 

I've just had a look at the 2020 Streamline catalogue. A similar system : Filterplus 600 (with an integral pressure gauge) is listed at £372.60. I don't know if that includes vat.

I should think you'll be able to sell yours without too much trouble.

I've just had a look at the 2020 Streamline catalogue. A similar system : Filterplus 600 (with an integral pressure gauge) is listed at £372.60. I don't know if that includes vat.

I should think you'll be able to sell yours without too much trouble.
I changed the filters not long ago as well so they are like new ??

Back