Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First time caught in a lightening storm

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Baldmonkey

First time today I've been caught in a lightening storm... Definitely not waggling a carbon pole around in this.. Is anyone bonkers enough to work on it? 

I remember way back when I first started window cleaning. I was on aluminium ladders at the time, and worked through thunderstorms. 

I think about it now and cringe..???

i worked in it as im going away for the weekend on friday and want to be finished by tomorrow afternoon....ive never ever seen lightening like that in this country...the heavy downpours were biblical!i sheltered in customers porches/garages when it got too bad....if i was cleaning my stand alone jobs in their own grounds i would of packed up and gone home but i was on estate work surrounded by houses....so cracked on!

lets hope tomorrow is less biblical!?

I had a new job today and the customer said when I got there 'have you been dodging the lightening storms?', I then explained to him that it's pretty much only lightening that stops me working and the pole comes with safety guidance stating not to use it in lightening.  I said 'so if it starts thunder and lightening in a bit and I'm sat in the van... well that's why'.

I start the job and soon after the heavens opened, bangs going on around me, thing is I was pushed for time so just cracked on.  I was listening out for how close they sounded, they weren't right above me but to be honest I think I was just on a death wish or something, like it was a good day to die, lol ??⚰️??

Back