Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Has anyone added an extra membrane to an RO?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

brianbadonde

I have a small (10”) 300 GPD RO from pure freedom. I bought it as they have been out of stock of 450 GPDs for ages. As the description said it came with 3 x membranes I assumed it would come with 3 x 100 GPD membranes and therefore I could replace the membranes when the time came with 150s to make a 450 GPD unit. However, it arrived with only two membranes and it transpires that they are two x 150 GPD. So to upgrade it I will need to add another membrane. Has anyone had experience of doing this and is it easy enough to just hook another one on there? Is there anything I need to know before doing this?

Should be very simple. One thing to note is how is your waste controlled? If it's by a fixed restrictor you might need a different one.

Simplest method is to contact pure freedom explain that you bought the 300gpd RO with 2 membranes and you want to add a third to make 450gpd. I am sure they will sell you all you need.

Should be very simple. One thing to note is how is your waste controlled? If it's by a fixed restrictor you might need a different one.

Simplest method is to contact pure freedom explain that you bought the 300gpd RO with 2 membranes and you want to add a third to make 450gpd. I am sure they will sell you all you need.
It’s one of those quarter turn levers.

I contacted them saying it doesn’t fit the description and they said an extra one can be added. I asked for a link to the stuff I need to buy but no response as of yet.

It looks simple enough but want to do it right first time with out cocking it up!

It’s one of those quarter turn levers.

I contacted them saying it doesn’t fit the description and they said an extra one can be added. I asked for a link to the stuff I need to buy but no response as of yet.

It looks simple enough but want to do it right first time with out cocking it up!
https://ro-man.com/?product=membrane-upgrade-kit

As @ched999uk stated waste restriction will change if you have a fixed inline restrictor.

Ro-man also sell them specific to the r/o. I would be inclined to go to a 1/4" gate valve so you can control waste more accurately. However, using a gate valve will not be as aesthetically pleasing.

I upgraded my 275gpd to 450gpd by just changing the membranes and inline restrictor. The restrictor was preset to 3 waste to 1 pure - not ideal to save water.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back