Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Six week experiment changing techniques

Den

Recently done a little experiment with regards to my jets/rinsebar window cleaning only no FSG etc.

2 weeks with 100 degree fans.

2 weeks with 35cm rinsebar.

2 weeks with 2mm pencils.

1 day with 3mm pencils (used too much water).

My conclusion is the 100 degree saves water you really needed to rinse on the glass uses less water.

Rinsebar works well on most windows but not on sash windows plus it adds weight to your set up. 

2mm pencils work well on all windows and if you prefer to rinse off the glass these are better than 100 degree fans.

3mm jets great but you must be able to carry plently of water people using smaller tank/backpack will use their water up to quickly.

1.4mm pencils (35cm brushes only) my preferred choice of set up for approx 80% of my work uses the same amount of water s 2mm pencils jets. 

I personally like all the above as originally when I started window cleaning it was 2mm pencils and then used the 100 degree fans for a couple of years after they were released, and then the rinsebar when that was released, but took that off the rinsebar purely to save weight.

I now personally use mainly 2mm pencils for 26cm brushes and 4 x 1.4mm for 35cm brushes most of the time when cleaning windows. 

Hope this helps someone thinking of maybe trying out a different option, please understand these are my opinions only and I advise everyone to try out all options to find out what’s best suited for their technique for themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:
No mention of 1.4mm jets? We use these on all of our work and get an extra 2 man hours out of our 800l tank.
Yes are are correct I only use them in my 35cm brushes 4 x 1.4mm which are great and TBH my preferred set up on probably 80% of my work.

I should have stated the above post was for the standard 26cmm brushes ?

I wouldn’t use 2 x 1.4mm jets in a 26cm brush. 

Recently done a little experiment with regards to my jets/rinsebar window cleaning only no FSG etc.

My conclusion is the 100 degree saves water you really needed to rinse on the glass uses less water.

Rinsebar works well on most windows but not on sash windows plus it adds weight to your set up. 

2mm pencils work well on all windows and if you prefer to rinse off the glass these are better than 100 degree fans.

3mm jets great but you must be able to carry plently of water people using smaller tank/backpack will use their water up to quickly.

1.4mm pencils (35cm brushes only) my preferred choice of set up for approx 80% of my work uses the same amount of water s 2mm pencils jets. 

I personally like all the above as originally when I started window cleaning it was 2mm pencils and then used the 100 degree fans for a couple of years after they were released, and then the rinsebar when that was released, but took that off the rinsebar purely to save weight.

I now personally use mainly 2mm pencils for 26cm brushes and 4 x 1.4mm for 35cm brushes most of the time when cleaning windows. 

Hope this helps someone thinking of maybe trying out a different option, please understand these are my opinions only and I advise everyone to try out all options to find out what’s best suited for their technique for themselves.
When are you doing rinse bars haha,

Surprised you've not been on Twitter

Screenshot_20210731-125331_Twitter.jpg

This is a very interesting review , we have tried , rinse bars , fan jets and gone back to the old 2 mm pencils and find this works best for us . Each person finds different things work for them .

Helpful comments @Den I was trying to decide which jets to get on the brush I'm ordering.....when it finally comes back into stock ?
Honestly mate I have tried and persevere with most brushes and jets only gardiner brush I haven’t owned is supreme it could quite possibly be the best brush in the world I don’t know as I haven’t tried one ? seriously I do honestly recommending trying all the jets and giving each set a long trial which I have done over the years, this experiment was just a refresher for myself as it’s easy to forget what is what     Hope that makessense

Yeah, your right. I'm working my way through brushes at the moment. Supreme was my first, didn't like it. Universal sill is the best for cleaning in my opinion,  I work quicker with the 35cm extreme, but sometimes it just doesn't scrub enough so trying the 35cm ultimate when it's back in stock. 35cm universal looks too heavy 

Back