Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Other peoples rounds

Taz69

Hi guys. I was out today as I had no work on so I was out distributing my cards through peoples doors promoting my business. A old bloke came out kicking right off saying people do them all round here, he started calling me a poacher lol and even attempted to ring their regular cleaner to tell him. My area is quite big as I cover teeside. How am I ment to know who covers where? Most of my business comes from social media and word of mouth. When I found out someone covered there I left lol the way i work is that i wait to get a call or message to get me to do a clean and I'll go as soon as i can that way I've been booked for it if that makes sense. How do others feel about this? What other ways do you get more bookings? I could be sat on my **** all day every day not wanting to work, so today did pi** me off abit. Any advice would be appreciated  ?

Hi guys. I was out today as I had no work on so I was out distributing my cards through peoples doors promoting my business. A old bloke came out kicking right off saying people do them all round here, he started calling me a poacher lol and even attempted to ring their regular cleaner to tell him. My area is quite big as I cover teeside. How am I ment to know who covers where? Most of my business comes from social media and word of mouth. When I found out someone covered there I left lol the way i work is that i wait to get a call or message to get me to do a clean and I'll go as soon as i can that way I've been booked for it if that makes sense. How do others feel about this? What other ways do you get more bookings? I could be sat on my **** all day every day not wanting to work, so today did pi** me off abit. Any advice would be appreciated  ?
You need add on services to extend your income or keep canvassing, don't let one idiot P155 on your fire

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had people tell me there is a windy that does ALL the houses round here! Then within next 10 houses people ringing saying they can't find a windy after leafletting! 

I now just politely say thanks for letting me know and carry on leafleting. That said if someone said they had a windy during a chat I wouldn't give them a quote. I wouldn't want to take other windy custys. 

I now just politely say thanks for letting me know and carry on leafleting. That said if someone said they had a windy during a chat I wouldn't give them a quote. I wouldn't want to take other windy custys. 
You should still quote them as their current windy might be poor, quality or reliable wise. If they're just price shoppers I'm sure your price will be higher.

I recently had a lady tell me her window cleaner basically does the whole village. 

Unlikely,  as that one village is my biggest round. I have 5 full days of work there…..???

Ignore and keep going. ??

This reminds me of a few instances I have had myself.

One was an old lady you tried to tell me her window cleaner, had the contract for her area.

I said, "do you not own your house?".

"Yes, my house is owned".

"So how can anyone else give out a contract for someone to clean your windows?".

"You contract your window cleaner personally, but your neighbours are free to contract who they like to clean there windows, it their house, you don't get contracts for residential areas ?".

I'd just remind them, you have a legal right to earn a living and promote your business, and won't let anyone stop you providing for yourself and your family, just like everyone else does. They can deal with the ramification if they want to impead you doing that. There is no patches.

Mainly old folk who are stuck in the past and don't understand the internet and everyone is out for themselves now. In the end, they either want their windows cleaned or they don't, it really is that simple.

Latest Posts

Back