Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter Vacuum inspection camera tethers

Apw1210

Good morning.

Just a post to help anyone new that is starting out doing gutters or those that have been doing it for ages but didn't ever consider using a safety tether on their camera.

With a variety of OEM and aftermarket gutter inspection camera systems on the market any camera you have is an investment and having it on the top of a pole can become loose or the mount could fail and fall damaging your camera.

There are many ways to secure a camera but I personally make all my own 2mm stainless steel wire safety tethers that are a 8" long with two eyelets at each end.

One loop fits securely over the thumb screw if using gopros or action cameras

You can also secure the generic cctv style camera systems that use an oversized sprung tool clip aswell.

Work safe work smarter

20210804_164158.jpg

20210804_164135.jpg

20210804_164049.jpg

This is a very good point , I knocked my camera off with the pole at 40 feet up in the air and it landed on a granite path , amazingly it survived and works fine but think a very lucky escape ????

Thanks for the tip, great idea.

GoPro came off in someones gutters a while back. Big oast house with 3 storeys, so had to pay a roofer to get it for me lol.

Whilst I now use secure mounts, this will be invaluable in providing that extra layer of security as I now do a fair few commercial, high level buildings. Thanks ?

Thanks for the tip, great idea.

GoPro came off in someones gutters a while back. Big oast house with 3 storeys, so had to pay a roofer to get it for me lol.

Whilst I now use secure mounts, this will be invaluable in providing that extra layer of security as I now do a fair few commercial, high level buildings. Thanks ?
Lol I have had mine fall off into a couple of gutters I just sucked it up  with the vac ?????

This is a very good point , I knocked my camera off with the pole at 40 feet up in the air and it landed on a granite path , amazingly it survived and works fine but think a very lucky escape ????
Thanks Paul 

I don't use a gutter vac. On the rare occasion I want to do a gutter inspection from the ground I use a selfy stick taped securely to the wfp. A rubber hair band around the phone and holder for extra security.

The tether is a great idea. Especially as it's stainless steel. ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I found having the camera on the vac pole was no good. I think it would be better on a wfp and take a look at gutter after each stretch. ? 
In my opinion that's counterproductive and time consuming

POV cleaning saves time equipment and gives you eyes on throughout the job

It's like having a rifle scope in your pocket to sight in after you've shot 

Latest Posts

Back