Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Proper weed killer

Danny91

Hi all, upgraded my jetwash now and it’s great works really well, only problem is all the weed killers I’ve tried and tested from the like of b n q etc are pants, anyone got any recommendations for what they’ve tried and used ? Cheers 

Hi all, upgraded my jetwash now and it’s great works really well, only problem is all the weed killers I’ve tried and tested from the like of b n q etc are pants, anyone got any recommendations for what they’ve tried and used ? Cheers 
I posted the best stuff on the weedkiller topic all you need to do is read it, it was only a few months ago.

Stay away from weedkiller.

You're not trained

You don't have the correct paperwork insurance or knowledge to safely handle it in a commercial setting

sorry, but it's not as simple as it looks

Stay away from weedkiller.

You're not trained

You don't have the correct paperwork insurance or knowledge to safely handle it in a commercial setting

sorry, but it's not as simple as it looks
I’m after killing weeds on block paved drives etc not tackling a big forest of the stuff, appreciate your concerns but thank you 

I’m after killing weeds on block paved drives etc not tackling a big forest of the stuff, appreciate your concerns but thank you 
To be fair to @Apw1210 to get paid for spraying weedkilling you legally need a qualification (PA1). So even if you want to spray after you have PW block paving legally you need a PA1!

To be fair to @Apw1210 to get paid for spraying weedkilling you legally need a qualification (PA1). So even if you want to spray after you have PW block paving legally you need a PA1!

How do people go about it then ? And even to use the stuff Scottish suggested ? 

Technically you need a PA1 and PA6 for spraying weed killer and pesticides , I think you can do an online course ???its not rocket science but it dies keep you legal should anything go wrong or anyone asked you for proof of qualifications . 

Technically you need a PA1 and PA6 for spraying weed killer and pesticides , I think you can do an online course ???its not rocket science but it dies keep you legal should anything go wrong or anyone asked you for proof of qualifications . 
If I was to do this would it mean I get some sort of access to stronger killer?  

If I was to do this would it mean I get some sort of access to stronger killer?  
Not sure on that one I buy mine from a local farm shop and get the professional version that farmers use as I know them in there , but whether you can buy stronger suffer once qualified I don’t know to be honest 

I'm not saying what you should do at all, just trying to make you aware of the legislation!

It seems mad to me that I am allowed to spray my gravel drive with weed killer but if I was do a custy's then I need a qualification!!! 

I wouldn't like to speculate how some people go about weed killing custys properties ? I only do my own driveway.

I haven't been able to find any weed killers that stay in the ground for a few months for a good 5 years or so. Last lot I bought came from Poland I think! The ones I have seen for sale are just the ones that work on green stuff they hit at the time!

I just don’t want to do a nice clean job for a customer and then them want me back a month or two down the line complaining they’ve grown back, I suppose we are there to clean the drive not kill the weeds but that’s a hard one to explain to the customers 

I just don’t want to do a nice clean job for a customer and then them want me back a month or two down the line complaining they’ve grown back, I suppose we are there to clean the drive not kill the weeds but that’s a hard one to explain to the customers 
We tell them that the drive will need regular maintenance by them to stop the weeds returning , just like you need to weed your flower beds , we used to offer a 3 monthly spray but don’t do it anymore as to busy .

I personally wouldn't bother with anything like weeds. Remain a cleaner and not a gardener.

If my pressure washer removes them that's good enough for me

When it’s a younger/Middle Aged person I don’t mind telling them that but when we get an oap call us I always fell the need to go above and beyond ( I live in a village) 

I read somewhere there was 10k lawyers in New York graduating each year so fairly soon they will run out of work unless they keep dreaming stuff up.
They are all rip of merchants making up prices as they go

Very much like dentists, vets, funeral directors

They'll always have a guaranteed stream of work so charge away 

Back