Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help with window cleaning prices tool

WCF

Help Support WCF:

cleaningestimate

We are a domestic cleaning company in London and we have decided to start offering window cleaning services along with our other services. But we need little help regarding how we should charge to our customer. I have done some research and created a small cost calculation tool so people get instant quote before they book. But I feel like I am charge very less. 

Any tips for me regarding the window cleaning prices 

Last edited by a moderator:
We are a domestic cleaning company in London and we have decided to start offering window cleaning services along with our other services. But we need little help regarding how we should charge to our customer. I have done some research and created a small cost calculation tool so people get instant quote before they book. But I feel like I am charge very less. 

Any tips for me regarding the window cleaning prices?
Morning, with respect I feel you've missed the most obvious points

No windows are the same

The level of dirt ingress is different

weather can slow you down

access is never the same

How does your platform respond to high rise town houses or eco houses covered in louvers ect?

I've seen many trying to digitally price and plan window cleaning and most fail on the basics

It's helpful to have something like that as an app for when you go out quoting but there many additional aspects that need boots on the ground to view. I'm not sure how happy you would be to drive out to do a small window only on a house!!! You might need a minimum price! You don't say if this is for interior windows or exterior. 

Looking at your website it might be worth getting someone to double check the text as some of it doesn't make sense and other bits could be phrased better.

As for your prices being too cheap then up your prices on the calculator! 

£55 per window ???? I think there is something wrong there ?? Do you mean average price  per property clean of £55 ??? As others have said there are so many variables it’s not possible to give an accurate price using this method , access and larking I would assume would be major issues in your area ???? If you don’t  have access or parking no amount of money will alter that . 

It's helpful to have something like that as an app for when you go out quoting but there many additional aspects that need boots on the ground to view. I'm not sure how happy you would be to drive out to do a small window only on a house!!! You might need a minimum price! You don't say if this is for interior windows or exterior. 

Looking at your website it might be worth getting someone to double check the text as some of it doesn't make sense and other bits could be phrased better.

As for your prices being too cheap then up your prices on the calculator! 
Yes the choice of words and phrases do not make sense at all

It's very listed and doesn't convey any warmth

£55 per window ???? I think there is something wrong there ?? Do you mean average price  per property clean of £55 ??? As others have said there are so many variables it’s not possible to give an accurate price using this method , access and larking I would assume would be major issues in your area ???? If you don’t  have access or parking no amount of money will alter that . 
Thats a super duper platinum package price

I put details of my house in and I'm in the North East of England it came out at £13 on your calculator I'd want £15 if my wife ever paid me, As you're in London your prices need up and I would say subject to viewing each property, 

I quoted a job yesterday with patio doors on a balcony, which if only accessed from outside would require me putting a ladder up and climbing over the balcony or working off the ladder to clean it as best I could, that's and extra £7 just for the chew of setting up and cleaning 

Honestly this is like a mechanic giving you a price to fix your car before he has looked at it.

I get its more efficient than going and physically looking, but how much time will it cost you every month if its under priced. You'll end up with a load of under priced and over priced jobs, and areas you'll hate doing.

I will usually give a price guide over the phone ?  if they ask, but explain that's only an estimate we have to look at it first.

If you only quote once you have seen it, you can use a more accurate system for estimating the time and cost involved with each job.

The guy has visited multiple times since Sunday and hasn't even bothered to reply, maybe he doesn't need our help ? or he is trying to bump up his website, he wont be now 

Latest Posts

Back