Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Traditional kit

Hi all, I'm sure this has been asked loads but I'm looking at purchasing a traditional kit and have seen screwfix sell an unger one for about £50... Any other suggestions? I'm currently all WFP but have had a couple shops ask for internals as well as couple of domestic customers so I'm thinking it's worth picking up some trad gear. I won't be using it much so don't really want to spend loads

Hi all, I'm sure this has been asked loads but I'm looking at purchasing a traditional kit and have seen screwfix sell an unger one for about £50... Any other suggestions? I'm currently all WFP but have had a couple shops ask for internals as well as couple of domestic customers so I'm thinking it's worth picking up some trad gear. I won't be using it much so don't really want to spend loads
Unger is the best starter to advanced kit in my opinion and you don't need alot.

This is my simplified kit that gets used the most

7 minutes ago, Apw1210 said:

Unger is the best starter to advanced kit in my opinion and you don't need alot.

This is my simplified kit that gets used the most

That's Brill thanks mate, really useful video? thinking just a belt bucket, mop and squeegee will do me, can't see the need for a big bucket with the amounts I'm going to be doing. Would you say it's worth spending a little extra on the squeegee to get a nice one? 

That's Brill thanks mate, really useful video? thinking just a belt bucket, mop and squeegee will do me, can't see the need for a big bucket with the amounts I'm going to be doing. Would you say it's worth spending a little extra on the squeegee to get a nice one? 
I have never used my bucket on a belt wet, I can't stand uneven weight on my waist after smashing my back and pelvis and now im older the pins and plates cause alot of pain.

I simply use a bucket on a belt to hold my squeegees etc and still use a bucket

Here's my military to Window cleaners webbing & bucket on a belt hack

For me, for insides;

14" & 6" unger ergo tec

10" moerman fliq

14" applicator

Ergo tec scrapper, steel not carbon blades.

Unger fixi clamp

8ft unger optilock pole

Pouch

Belt - I prefer ettore

Unger boab

Unger bucket and lid, not many sold with lids to put straight in the van.

Scrim

Sill cloths

Precission microfiber for leaded, also good also drop cloth

Shoe covers, you can buy these cheap in B&Q

That would all cost around £350

You could just get the;

moerman

6" ergotec

pole

sill cloth

Detailing microfiber

maybe a small ergo tec safety scraper

Bucket

Which would be around £160

Unger ergotec, Splus channels and unger green rubber. I have never used any other brand. Don't like blue flappy plastic things of wagtails

For me, for insides;

14" & 6" unger ergo tec

10" moerman fliq

14" applicator

Ergo tec scrapper, steel not carbon blades.

Unger fixi clamp

8ft unger optilock pole

Pouch

Belt - I prefer ettore

Unger boab

Unger bucket and lid, not many sold with lids to put straight in the van.

Scrim

Sill cloths

Precission microfiber for leaded, also good also drop cloth

Shoe covers, you can buy these cheap in B&Q

That would all cost around £350

You could just get the;

moerman

6" ergotec

pole

sill cloth

Detailing microfiber

maybe a small ergo tec safety scraper

Bucket

Which would be around £160

Unger ergotec, Splus channels and unger green rubber. I have never used any other brand. Don't like blue flappy plastic things of wagtails
Awesome, thanks for your help guys ?

That's correct but the right kit always helps! Plus a shop front will take me forever and a day with a microfiber but I appreciate the recommendations, I can see how that would of been perfect for the odd internal window 
Good trad equipment is more expensive than most new to it would imagine, and all the bits do add up.

But its all needed to do the job.

Pole, squeegee, applicator, scraper, cloths, bucket and tool belt.

Spend £20-£30 on each of those things and your quickly up over £120 worth of tools.

That's correct but the right kit always helps! Plus a shop front will take me forever and a day with a microfiber but I appreciate the recommendations, I can see how that would of been perfect for the odd internal window 
Pre covid we had an internal job that paid £200. We did that, quicker, with a squeegee, spray bottle and microfibers then we did with applicator etc.

This had internal floor to ceiling glass partitions, tad larger than the odd internal windows.

Back