Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Beware this canvasser

Unclepigg

A heads up to anyone considering using Adam Spanos’ company Canvassing Connections.   I used Adam to find me about £1000 of work in February.  Whilst he did find the work, I discovered he sells the service by telling clients they only need to sign up for just one clean.  No wonder he canvassed £750 of work in one day.  He also doesn’t check the back of the house so the prices are often wrong.   I lost about 50% of the clients before 3 months. He offers a 3 month guarantee on all work.   However, as you might expect from an unprofessional salesman,  he ignored my calls and emails asking him to replace the work.   He eventually agreed, but only 4 months later, and after some childish rants where he called ended up accusing me of racism and dishonesty.    He finally canvassed some replacement work a few weeks ago, which is when I discovered his questionable sales technique.   He’s ignored my messages again.    
In my opinion, he’s unprofessional, dishonest and extremely childish.   He finds time to canvass when money is on the table, but absent once it’s in his bank.  He also failed to send an invoice for the last payment.  Like most salesman he can talk the talk but is reluctant to deliver on his promises.  

A heads up to anyone considering using Adam Spanos’ company Canvassing Connections.   I used Adam to find me about £1000 of work in February.  Whilst he did find the work, I discovered he sells the service by telling clients they only need to sign up for just one clean.  No wonder he canvassed £750 of work in one day.  He also doesn’t check the back of the house so the prices are often wrong.   I lost about 50% of the clients before 3 months. He offers a 3 month guarantee on all work.   However, as you might expect from an unprofessional salesman,  he ignored my calls and emails asking him to replace the work.   He eventually agreed, but only 4 months later, and after some childish rants where he called ended up accusing me of racism and dishonesty.    He finally canvassed some replacement work a few weeks ago, which is when I discovered his questionable sales technique.   He’s ignored my messages again.    
In my opinion, he’s unprofessional, dishonest and extremely childish.   He finds time to canvass when money is on the table, but absent once it’s in his bank.  He also failed to send an invoice for the last payment.  Like most salesman he can talk the talk but is reluctant to deliver on his promises.  
Just print flyers and get out and post them through letterboxes. Spend money on advertising like I do. Talk to other windies who may be selling work. Work begets work and it will take 4 years to be fully involved with continued work. That's what I have found out, there is no easy solution I'm afraid. ?

Back