Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Taking care of those applicator sleeves

WCF

Help Support WCF:

laddergarder

This is an applicator I took off an employee who asked for a new one. I though I would share how I clean them, which should be done before they get this bad I'll add.

20210823_171349.jpg

First rinse well in warm water.

Then soak and agitate in bleach, with warm water. A few glugs of bleach is enough. 

20210823_171809.jpg

Leave to soak for 30 minutes.

I keep it in a bucket in the bath with the lid on so the kids can't get near it.

Rinse the bleach off with warm water.

Then sprinkle on vanish crystal white shown, add hot water then leave to soak for another 30 minutes.

20210823_175051.jpg

20210823_175155.jpg

Finally rinse off well, and tumble dry.

20210823_203605.jpg

Hope someone finds this helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is an applicator I took off an employee who asked for a new one. I though I would share how I clean them, which should be done before they get this bad I'll add.

View attachment 25393

Then soak and agitate in the bleach shown.

View attachment 25394

I keep it in a bucket in the bath with the lid on so the kids can't get near it.

Then sprinkle on vanish crystal white shown, add hot water then leave to soak for another 30 minutes.

View attachment 25395

View attachment 25396

View attachment 25397

Hope someone find this helpful.
That’s an under monsoon isn’t it ?? I have always cleaned ours out in the bucket and then put in the washing machine and then use them again , not that we do much trad theses days only commercial insides that’s about it . 

View attachment 25393

Then soak and agitate in bleach, with warm water. A few glugs of bleach is enough. 

View attachment 25394

View attachment 25395

View attachment 25396

View attachment 25397

Bit of an inefficient long winded approach in my opinion.

I just put mine in a washing machine at 40 degrees. No soap, no bleach just warm water 

The more rubbish you use the more chemical suspension you have in the fibres which will promote rotting. 

That's my tuppence worth 

This is just my approach. A cycle in the washing machine will do fine too.

I find this method really brings up the colour in the sleeves. They look near new, and smell great. The bleach will also kill off any bacteria.

Your bucket also gets a bleach down on the process.

This is just my approach. A cycle in the washing machine will do fine too.

I find this method really brings up the colour in the sleeves. They look near new, and smell great. The bleach will also kill off any bacteria.

Your bucket also gets a bleach down on the process.
Dettol isn't bleach, it's a rancid disinfectant. You really need to be careful using numerous chemicals.

Dettol isn't bleach, it's a rancid disinfectant. You really need to be careful using numerous chemicals.
Yes I am aware you shouldn't mix chemicals unless you know what your doing?, mixing something like bleach and ammonia can create a hazardous gas for example. 

But there is nothing in the dettol or vanish which will cause any problems, also I recommended rinsing the sleeve out with water before using the vanish, so for the small amount of dettol that is added, they aren't really being mixed.

This is an applicator I took off an employee who asked for a new one. I though I would share how I clean them, which should be done before they get this bad I'll add.

View attachment 25393

View attachment 25394

I keep it in a bucket in the bath with the lid on so the kids can't get near it.

View attachment 25395

View attachment 25396

View attachment 25397

I’ve saved this. Looks quality ?? does this not affect the performance of the sleeve when application new solution?

I’ve saved this. Looks quality ?? does this not affect the performance of the sleeve when application new solution?
I used to fling my used cloths and mops in the washing machine with some soap powder. Never had a problem and they all came out like new. Hung them on the washing line to dry when I was out cleaning more windows. Think I had half a dozen mops back then but now I'm all wfp so they are lying in a bucket under the stairs with the rest of my Trad stuff.

I used to fling my used cloths and mops in the washing machine with some soap powder. Never had a problem and they all came out like new. Hung them on the washing line to dry when I was out cleaning more windows. Think I had half a dozen mops back then but now I'm all wfp so they are lying in a bucket under the stairs with the rest of my Trad stuff.
I think thats a good idea too but if they were really dirty I think taking laddergarders approach would be the one I would use

Back