Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Equipment Shortfall

WCF

Help Support WCF:

AW Services

A very good morning all.

Hope everyone is well.

Has anyone recently purchased a new pressure washer ? Dual pumps & Rutland pumps have had massive production backlogs which I'm guessing is down to brexit, customs changes with imported good and most likely the dramatic rise in newcomers to the trade.

If you're thinking of getting a new machine it's wise to do so ASAP 

I happily had a short wait of just over a month and that was Rutland pumps.

My old machine had a full top end rebuild by me but went all out on a new one with Stainless steel trolley frame as the dual pumps Evo 2 design ends up blowing off the powder coating and rusting after a few dings and scrapes.

20210825_102102.jpg

Nice PW Austin.

Part of the problem is also the cost of shipping.

Due to Covid the costs of shipping anything from the far east has risen massively - some say a ten fold increase in container shipping!!! It's amazing how much kit actually has components from the far east even if it's silly things like O rings! Part of the issue is if anyone payed the massive shipping costs the price of stuff would go through the roof and no one would buy them.

Hopefully things will gradually start returning to normal in the near future as the whole world will suffer even more than covid. i.e. if no one is buying far east stuff they suffer, the ships wont be transporting goods, uk shops wont have anything etc..... The whole world relies on consumers!!!

Latest Posts

Back