Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

NHS SURGERY WINDOWS

WCF

Help Support WCF:

strech

Hi all just been round my local surgery for 1/2 an arm full of blood removal, while waiting in reception could not notice the state of the glass, probably not cleaned in years, it has a big frontage and is 3 - 4 storeys tall, does the NHS through there FACILITY DEPARTMENT do this? Or can local window cleaners quote for this work? Or is it worth bothering with?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think most local surgeries are not actually owned by nhs. I seem to remember nhs pays per patient registered, per appointment, per prescription etc....... So if you can get hold on the facility manager you might have some luck?

Hi all just been round my local surgery for 1/2 an arm full of blood removal, while waiting in reception could not notice the state of the glass, probably not cleaned in years, it has a big frontage and is 3 - 4 storeys tall, does the NHS through there FACILITY DEPARTMENT do this? Or can local window cleaners quote for this work? Or is it worth bothering with?
Depending on the building it could be owned by a primary care trust, NHS direct or practice consortium 

Check the land registry 

I clean one local to me I go through the surgery manager/owner.

Some of the bigger buildings will go through the NHS direct and they can be a nightmare with paperwork and payment they actually rent quite a lot of the buildings so window cleaning isn't high up on their list.

My local surgery isn’t cleaned I did ask years ago and was told they dont have any money for window cleaning , I did see a local guy doing the windows there some months later, so went in again and said I had seen a guy doing them the receptionist said oh yes one of the staff hear her partner is a window cleaner and he does them every 3 months for free !!!!! The guy must be a mug it’s a large building with over  25 velux windows on one section and it’s 3 story  the other , must be over 60 windows etc . 

My local surgery isn’t cleaned I did ask years ago and was told they dont have any money for window cleaning , I did see a local guy doing the windows there some months later, so went in again and said I had seen a guy doing them the receptionist said oh yes one of the staff hear her partner is a window cleaner and he does them every 3 months for free !!!!! The guy must be a mug it’s a large building with over  25 velux windows on one section and it’s 3 story  the other , must be over 60 windows etc . 
Maybe he gets free healthcare:)

I do 2 surgeries, have done both for 8+ years pay every time in cash no problems prob my best commercial seeing as all the others pay via bank and take an age to pay

The manager is the person who decides at these not sure how it works elsewhere 

Hi guys thanks for all replies tried e-mail and talking to head receptionist, and facility maintenance there but no go, guess its not like a shop (too entice people in) but the NHS have got a very large captive audience any way, if they can get an appointment, at our surgery.  ?

Hi guys thanks for all replies tried e-mail and talking to head receptionist, and facility maintenance there but no go, guess its not like a shop (too entice people in) but the NHS have got a very large captive audience any way, if they can get an appointment, at our surgery.  ?
Yes like mine if you don’t ring at 8am say 830 you’ve got no chance of an appntment that day

the ones I do are great get paid cash on day never needed any documents off me just away I go basically , all required is an invoice at the end

I’ve noticed hospital windows have always looked shocking, looks like they use tap water, no wonder they can charge so little!

Back