Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

How much water should I be using…

seeitcleanaylesbury

Hey everyone, 

hope you are all well.

Im just starting out with the big boy back pack and wondering if anyone had an indication of how much water you would / should be using on your average 3 bed house?

I used it for the first time today on my own house ( and tbf the windows hadn’t been cleaned in about 2 years) and I ran out of water with 3 panes of glass to go.

I’ve ordered 6 25l containers to fill up with water but not sure that’s going to be enough…

Any tips / Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

First cleans will always use alot more water then maintenance cleans. I would budget on 50 litres for first washes and 15-20 on maintenance cleans.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

As @Part Timer has said plus everyone works at different speeds , and there are 3 bed semis big and small so it’s difficult to say . 6 25 ltr barrels won’t do that many houses but do you have the room to carry more ? 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
1 hour ago, seeitcleanaylesbury said:

Hey everyone, 

hope you are all well.

Im just starting out with the big boy back pack and wondering if anyone had an indication of how much water you would / should be using on your average 3 bed house?

I used it for the first time today on my own house ( and tbf the windows hadn’t been cleaned in about 2 years) and I ran out of water with 3 panes of glass to go.

I’ve ordered 6 25l containers to fill up with water but not sure that’s going to be enough…

Any tips / Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

It's an impossible question to answer, giving yourself a figure won't guarantee you clean windows. 

It's all trial and error 

2 hours ago, Part Timer said:

First cleans will always use alot more water then maintenance cleans. I would budget on 50 litres for first washes and 15-20 on maintenance cleans.

Thanks, I appreciate it will always be different but at least I have a rough idea,

2 hours ago, Pjj said:

As @Part Timer has said plus everyone works at different speeds , and there are 3 bed semis big and small so it’s difficult to say . 6 25 ltr barrels won’t do that many houses but do you have the room to carry more ? 

Yeh I do, I have purchased a van and i planned to buy a van mounted system further down the road…

For now I can grab some more barrels if needed as an option.

• 2 weeks later...

I tend to get through about 20 litres for an average 3 bed, twice as much on a first clean- but theres so many variable yours will probably be different.

Many moons ago I used to carry 10, I also used 1mm pencil jets these saved water compared to the 2mm jets which were more widely sold in the early days, I go for 100 degree fan jets they give a full width rinse and are quicker and less labour intensive at rinsing. 

I use 400L everyday on an 8 hour day. I never think about how much I use per house but I should imagine about 25L on a 3 bed, and that sits about right with 20-30 minutes per house

When I used 25l barrels, they would last me 20 - 30 minutes each depending on the flow rate and how much time I spent moving between windows. 

Now I probably use similar to @Exchef93 400l - 500l in a full day when I'm on my own. 

On 15/09/2021 at 12:45, Exchef93 said:

I use 400L everyday on an 8 hour day. I never think about how much I use per house but I should imagine about 25L on a 3 bed, and that sits about right with 20-30 minutes per house

I use at least 400-450l in a 5 or 6 hour day most days...

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.