Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What could you not go without?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Kerby0814

As the title suggests really, is there anything you have bought, acquired or been told about that you just now can't go without. 

Other than the bare basics of a waterfed set up. 

I mean added niceties like using hot water, an aquastop etc. 

As the title suggests really, is there anything you have bought, acquired or been told about that you just now can't go without. 

Other than the bare basics of a waterfed set up. 

I mean added niceties like using hot water, an aquastop etc. 
Spring Europe ltd V16 

Exceed innovations Univalve 

Facelift swivel 

New van 

Reliable, properly sign-written van
Self, independently maintainable system
650 litre tank
Gardiner SLX or Extreme 22
Swivel, lightweight brushes, 100 degree fan jets
Univalve
Free running high quality, zero maintenance manual reels
Pair of Numax MV35 Liesure batteries
Durite SCR
Short two piece ladder
Full size double ladder
Harris pole and Gutter Pro fittings
Step-up platform
Soapmix backpack on decent trolley
Bridging hoses for connecting to customers supply when needed
Comprehensive tool kit
Comprehensive spares kit

Personal characteristics of resilience, perseverance and willingness to help and support others, having been unfairly pushed back or resisted most of my life

As you can see, not as easy a question to answer as it might seem. What part of a house or car is the most important? I'm sure to have missed something. Not everything listed is essential starting out. Everything I've listed is essential to me at this stage

Last edited by a moderator:
Electric reel. 

I installed a univalve and a swivel gooseneck early on, and have always seen them as essentials. A electric reel, though, I always viewed as a luxury. When I got my new van, though, I decided to ‘treat’ myself to one. 

I now recommended it to every window cleaner I meet. Seriously, you don’t realise how much work you are doing until you get a electric reel!

Electric reel. 

I installed a univalve and a swivel gooseneck early on, and have always seen them as essentials. A electric reel, though, I always viewed as a luxury. When I got my new van, though, I decided to ‘treat’ myself to one. 

I now recommended it to every window cleaner I meet. Seriously, you don’t realise how much work you are doing until you get a electric reel!
Only hot water to go and you will be complete. ?

Gardiner slx, it's what you use the most & can't praise it enough. Over 5 years old now & only had to replace couple sections one my fault dropping it. Compared to previous poles the difference is huge..

1 gardiners extreme medium taper Tec brush after using heavy brushes for so long best thing that I’ve changed

2 electric reels

3 gardiners poles

Unfortunately they have stopped selling the medium Tapertec and the replacement, in my opinion, is poor.
If your on about the 35cm DuPont tapertec it’s a good brush ground/first floor but it splays too much for any higher work, the 35cm DuPont tapertec sill version is better at high work but extremely expensive time you add extra 2 jets the 4x close couple attachment, deliver plus vat. 

If your on about the 35cm DuPont tapertec it’s a good brush ground/first floor but it splays too much for any higher work, the 35cm DuPont tapertec sill version is better at high work but extremely expensive time you add extra 2 jets the 4x close couple attachment, deliver plus vat. 
It would be the weight for us, regularly doing 4 floor, and higher, work now and at that height weight is a killer. They have changed the outer bristles and they are a lot stiffer, don't like them at all now.

It would be the weight for us, regularly doing 4 floor, and higher, work now and at that height weight is a killer. They have changed the outer bristles and they are a lot stiffer, don't like them at all now.
I use the 26cm extreme medium soft sill for 4 storey work but I did prefer the extreme 35cm medium but the new extreme 35cm DuPont splays a little to much for higher work in my opinion. 

The extreme 35cm sill is only 160g 

This one ? That’s only one I’ve used- the ends have disappeared a bit I keep have to bend some back by hand every now and then? Lasted a good 6 months day in day out though probably get 2 more before I demote it to a fsg brush

350A174E-A092-49DF-8FB0-62B7A3CFACFF.png

This one ? That’s only one I’ve used- the ends have disappeared a bit I keep have to bend some back by hand every now and then? Lasted a good 6 months day in day out though probably get 2 more before I demote it to a fsg brush

View attachment 25470
I have this brush also but really only use it for Juliette railings I use the 35cm brushes a lot of the time. 

A Knife. 

My Dad bought me a small penknife when I was about 9 years old. Since then I never leave home without one in my pocket. 

Here’s some beautiful Italian Slipjoints of mine???

209CEF9C-61FB-427E-B398-109FBB1B93A2.jpeg

Back