Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Rota Bunching Up

HOG2021

Hi there, I've window cleaned for another business for about 6-7 years and moved up north from surrey and started my own window cleaning business.

Since April I have gained 86 customers and as my rounds are building quick I thought i would invest in the squeegee app, a great app with lots of helpful info and helps me not miss customers. While inputting my customers and putting them at every 4 weeks and a couple at every 2 weeks i noticed that the scheduler, say for instance, 6th of september on mondays made the next date the the 4th of october and made my job bunch up.

I know this sounds really stupid but do i need to make the customers monthly to make them hit the same date every month and manually nudge customers either side of the weekend or have them every 4 weeks?

I know the answer is right in front of my nose but i need someone to say yes or no for my customers not to bunch up.

I have 2 customers every 2 weeks on a Monday

i have 2 customers every 2 weeks on a Tuesday

I have 1 customer that is the last tuesday of every month

I have 1 customer that's the last friday of every month

the rest are on the same date every month excluding Sundays 

Can anyone help me clarify, am i actually running monthly with most of my customers and not 4 weekly?

Thanks in advance

Alex

Personally I think you are making harder work than it needs to be, with respect 86 customers isn't that many, they could all be done in 4 days depending on the size of the jobs, you are getting to hung up on days as well,

sometimes with my jobs I might be day early or day or two late either because of the weather or because of something else, making your round as efficient and compact as possible is the best thing to do so you aren't doing too much driving around.

Hi there, I've window cleaned for another business for about 6-7 years and moved up north from surrey and started my own window cleaning business.

Since April I have gained 86 customers and as my rounds are building quick I thought i would invest in the squeegee app, a great app with lots of helpful info and helps me not miss customers. While inputting my customers and putting them at every 4 weeks and a couple at every 2 weeks i noticed that the scheduler, say for instance, 6th of september on mondays made the next date the the 4th of october and made my job bunch up.

I know this sounds really stupid but do i need to make the customers monthly to make them hit the same date every month and manually nudge customers either side of the weekend or have them every 4 weeks?

I know the answer is right in front of my nose but i need someone to say yes or no for my customers not to bunch up.

Can anyone help me clarify, am i actually running monthly with most of my customers and not 4 weekly?

Thanks in advance

Alex
As others have said contact Squeegee. There are a number of different options with the scheduler and they can help talk you through them so you get it setup how you like it. ?

Just a thought. If you say you always clean on X day then how are you going to cope with the weather plus you wont be able to take any holidays!!!! 

It might be worth managing customers expectations to start with. i.e. say every 2 weeks - it should be a Monday but due to weather etc it might not be. Maybe even say you will send them a txt message the night before, so everyone knows what's happening.

Remember to earn the most you need to manage your round not the customers!!! As you get more work you might want to shuffle customers round so you do more in 1 location the same day. Less driving means more time to clean windows!

Squeegee are really helpful but as others have said don’t get hung up on exact days. You need to control the customer and that will give you the flexibility to make your job easier. I’m a week behind when I take holiday but nobody minds as they know I’m going to turn up at some point ?

Thanks in advance

Alex
I just use the app I got from this forum.

My boy has done it so I have it 1 page for week1, 1 page for week2 etc. I don't have customers on set days or dates. They get done in said week. Maybe worth looking at.  I don't plan on paying for a planner until I'm well over 200 customers, I'm on around 100 atm. It takes 5 mins to input everything daily,  it all updates for the next clean week etc. 

Tried the apps, I still print of work sheets. I'd never give customers a specific day though. I tell them it's 4 weekly but there will be times we are there a week early and if its been raining alot we do fall a week behind at times.

Latest Posts

Back