Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Univalve versions

Skxawng

Premium Member
Does anyone know what the differences, if any, there are with the various colours of Univalves. 

On ebay there are blue and black, red and black and grey and red (phantom edition) 

Are some newer than others? 

Is the phantom edition slimmer? 

Does anyone know what the differences, if any, there are with the various colours of Univalves. 

On ebay there are blue and black, red and black and grey and red (phantom edition) 

Are some newer than others? 

Is the phantom edition slimmer? 
I think the colour variations represent retailer branding / design such as phantom, window cleaning warehouse etc. 

I have a red & grey one, also an all black one

Interesting post and would love to know more

Thanks for posting this 

I think the colour variations represent retailer branding / design such as phantom, window cleaning warehouse etc. 

I have a red & grey one, also an all black one

Interesting post and would love to know more

Thanks for posting this 
Just found this thread while searching Google for answers to colours but no luck 

Just found this thread while searching Google for answers to colours but no luck 
Thanks, I found the thread in the search but couldn't find anymore specific information. I was sure I'd read somewhere that the phantom edition was a smaller diameter but can't remember where or how reliable that was. Seems unlikely to me that they'd retool the injection moulds without a good reason, but the i don't know what the ID of section 1 on phantom poles are. I know their slightly smaller than Gardiner section 1's

Thanks, I found the thread in the search but couldn't find anymore specific information. I was sure I'd read somewhere that the phantom edition was a smaller diameter but can't remember where or how reliable that was. Seems unlikely to me that they'd retool the injection moulds without a good reason, but the i don't know what the ID of section 1 on phantom poles are. I know their slightly smaller than Gardiner section 1's
The original ones we purchased were black. We ordered 2. I didn't purchase them immediately they were launched, as I wanted to see what the feedback was. We also still had the Aquadaptors we were using and still have one on one of our poles.

We added 2 more Univalves at different times. One was a red and black one and the other a blue one, but I have no recollection in what order they came in. 1 of the 4 is a spare.

I have measured the OD of all of them and they are 17mm.

I seem to remember Steve had an issue with some Univalves leaking and he even had the large internal O Ring as a spare for a short duration. It seemed the O Ring was the issue. We never had a problem with leaking. I did however experience the tiny o ring on the plunger end come off. It was a simple fix.

I still feel the different colours was a branding exercise but could also give him an indication when the Univalve was manufactured if there was a warranty issue.

I don't know much about the Phantom pole. I seem to vaguely think that the first section was shorter than the others, so the Univalve was located further down inside the pole, but I could be wrong. That's the way they fit it in the Ova 8 pole.

Thanks for your help @spruce and @Apw1210

My original ones are black and have just about given up now, but if there's no difference then I'll replace them with the red and black ones on exceeds website ?
I can confirm they are all exactly the same in functionality and build. Just varied pretty colours 

Imo the newer ones haven’t lasted as long as my original did 
Most likely due to production cost vs retail gain

Must be less glass fibre in the mix and more polypropylene or pvc 

I've never had one fail touch wood 

A few on the other forum had issues with the internal spring on later versions corroding and breaking. First reported Feb 2020. In all fairness Steve from Exceed sent out replacement springs. All of our Univalves have been opened, lubricated and returned to service with no rust issues.

The original Univalve has the back cap and the red capped Univalve was just out of warranty in 2020.

4295BD30-8C75-497B-ADCA-CCA71A330C16.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
A few on the other forum had issues with the internal spring on later versions corroding and breaking. First reported Feb 2020. In all fairness Steve from Exceed sent out replacement springs. All of our Univalves have been opened, lubricated and returned to service with no rust issues.

The original Univalve has the back cap and the red capped Univalve was just out of warranty in 2020.

View attachment 25494
It's amazing when you look at a retractable ball point pen and it's ramped cam function then look at a disassembled Univalve 

Interesting, i may need to take a few of ours apart and grease then, we have had 3 or 4 fail recently, as in they dont turn off easily, take a lot of pulls, seem to not like the hot water, as when we were just cold had no issues. 

Just got mine. Inverted colours to yours though. Fitted them up with push fittings to make swapping them out easier. 

I'll have a look in the old two and see what went wrong, it's probably the springs like spruce was saying. 

View attachment 25526
Nice and tidy, saves hacking your hose every time you want to change them

They must have a lucky dip parts guy 

Back