Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Did you have to take time off work after the vaccine jab?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazin

Going for my first later, feeling bit nervous. Still worried that I might need a few days off.

no...why would you need to take time off?ive had both doses......i felt a bit rough after the second one about 8 hours later so came home from the gym early....
Some people felt sick and dizzy for many hours, usually after the first jab. Hope I'm not one of them! 

Going for my first later, feeling bit nervous. Still worried that I might need a few days off.
Go and get your jab, there's nothing at all to worry about.

My best advice is the get the pfizer biontech over the Oxford, AstraZeneca

My first jab gave me a really heavy dead arm for around two hours and a deep headache other than that fit and healthy and went out to work the next day.

Second jab, no side effects whatsoever 

Some people felt sick and dizzy for many hours, usually after the first jab. Hope I'm not one of them! 
Ignore and discredit anything you've heard, don't wind yourself up over it. Make sure you've eaten and have plenty of fluids in you before getting it

Last edited by a moderator:
I was fine for first just a slight headache for about 30 mins a few hrs later. No problem at all on second. My partner however was quite ill for about 10 days after first, she felt really bad like flu. That said she is someone with compromised immune system due to taking chemo. 

I would bet you will be fine, don't delay any longer as a very large proportion of people dying have not had jab plus higher risk of long covid without jabs. Maybe try and get friday appointment so you have weekend if needed. 

I was fine for first just a slight headache for about 30 mins a few hrs later. No problem at all on second. My partner however was quite ill for about 10 days after first, she felt really bad like flu. That said she is someone with compromised immune system due to taking chemo. 

I would bet you will be fine, don't delay any longer as a very large proportion of people dying have not had jab plus higher risk of long covid without jabs. Maybe try and get friday appointment so you have weekend if needed. 
I hope you're partner is okay mate and is doing well at this moment in time 

I had both my jabs on a Friday so was ok again by the Monday , but I was rough Saturday night until Sunday night 

I had both my jabs on a Friday so was ok again by the Monday , but I was rough Saturday night until Sunday night 
Me too.  Booked them on a Friday, so if I felt rough it wouldn’t matter. 
I did feel 10% under the next day for both, so just took it easy. I was fine by Sunday ??

The reaction is a bit different for everyone but also varies depending on the vaccine.

The Pfizer mrna vaccine has generally milder first shot reactions and a stronger reaction to the second, whereas the Astrazeneca one is the opposite; a stronger immune response to the first and barely any reaction to the second. That's what I've read and was definitely true for us. 

I had AZ at 3pm. The next day I worked and started feeling a bit funny around 3pm (24hrs later) and was really stiff, had mild chills and low fever by the evening and felt very tired. Woke up the next morning completely fine and went to work so it didn't stop me at all. No reaction whatsoever to the second shot. 

My wife had Pfizer and no reaction at all to the first one. With the second one though, she had to take a day off the windows to feel better. 

It'll be interesting to see how people react once third booster shots eventually start. 

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife had Pfizer and no reaction at all to the first one. With the second one though, she had to take a day off the windows to feel better. 
I had Pfizer and after the 1st jab my arm felt like Frank Bruno had punched me and a headache that reminded me of a really bad hangover.

Absolutely nothing on the 2nd jab though. As you said there will always be some people that react differently to the norm.

iv found it helps socially  to keep banging on about the jab,booster jab, side effects =how its awful that some people are avoiding it etc etc when all the time hubby and i have not had it 
I think that really says it all 

I think that really says it all 
I think that folk presenting to the NHS with covid symptoms should be triaged in an outbuilding. No proof of a jab, no entry. I don't personally object to people refusing the jab. I'm all for personal freedom. What I do object to is the expectation that they will and should be allowed into hospital if they subsequently get the Chinese plague. Where medics, nurses, porters, cleaners  and vulnerable patients are already at a high risk.

If folk are prepared to take their chances fair enough, but if they get it be man enough to face the consequences in the busom of their own family. Rather than taking it to the hospital.

I think that folk presenting to the NHS with covid symptoms should be triaged in an outbuilding. No proof of a jab, no entry. I don't personally object to people refusing the jab. I'm all for personal freedom. What I do object to is the expectation that they will and should be allowed into hospital if they subsequently get the Chinese plague. Where medics, nurses, porters, cleaners  and vulnerable patients are already at a high risk.

If folk are prepared to take their chances fair enough, but if they get it be man enough to face the consequences in the busom of their own family. Rather than taking it to the hospital.
There are far to many people that are exposing ones to potential danger by their lying about things , I agree everyone has a choice  to have the jabs or not but at least be honest about it and not lying my daughter is a paramedic and Ime in the Fireservice we have all been exposed to this type of mentality putting us and our family’s and many other vulnerable people at risk for far to long , once mouth off about it’s all a government hoax and there is no such thing as Covid then when they get it they cry like babies and regret their decision I have seen it so many times .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back