Jump to content

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Did you have to take time off work after the vaccine jab?


Amazin

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, karenD said:

 been crying in my cups all morning so many horrid comments - you try your best ,try to help people and have it thrown back at you 

 

hubby-whats wrong with that word eh?  at least its technically true. i wouldnt mind if you called your partner missus even if you werent wed and who gives a hoot what gender she is   . everybody has their own opinion.thats the bottom line 

 

 

Can I just add that I'm utterly appalled by some of the comments I've read from people on here this evening and they should be deeply ashamed of themselves.  The suggestion in any way that those people who chose not to have a vaccination - and it is a free decicion for each individual based on a risk v benefit analysis - should be denied medical care or treated differently in the event they were in a tiny minority who had covid seriously is frankly beyond appalling.

I was on this forum at the start of this pandemic in March 2020 when those who chose to continue working were ridiculed by some  - three weeks later those ridiculing them were back at work themselves.  I suggest those who condemn individuals who chose not to be vaccinated now shut up respect others opinions until they can provide medium to long term data on the safety of the vaccines. 

If you are vaccinated, you are protected and you don't need to worry about anyone else and I respect your decision to do so. Likewise, if you chose not to, I fully respect your decision. 

And just as a final thought, should those 1600 people who have died as a result of the vaccine and the hundreds of thousands of adverse reactions been denied medical care for their choice to have it? I think we all know the answer and it works the other way too.  

  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Iron Giant said:

If I've missed something today and replies have been deleted please let me know mate, from what I've read I don't see anything nasty, people have lost family through this and two members who maybe got a bit wound up have lost family to covid. 

 

Your idea of nasty must be different to mine. By all means slate them for doing internals but to do so because they haven't been jabbed is wrong. 

Link to comment
12 hours ago, dazmond said:

You and your  "hubby"(I hate that word!)are selfish to the core....if it was up to me I'd pin you both down and inject you by force....👍😄

Sorry @Iron Giant why are you not acting?   How can a comment like this not be removed? Whether he's joking or not, what he is suggesting is no less than assault.  Completely unacceptable.  

What we have in this thread is a minority view being targeted with threats of assault and suggestions of 'lesser' or no medical care because of a free personal choice.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
19 minutes ago, Bart90 said:

Can I just add that I'm utterly appalled by some of the comments I've read from people on here this evening and they should be deeply ashamed of themselves.  The suggestion in any way that those people who chose not to have a vaccination - and it is a free decicion for each individual based on a risk v benefit analysis - should be denied medical care or treated differently in the event they were in a tiny minority who had covid seriously is frankly beyond appalling.

I was on this forum at the start of this pandemic in March 2020 when those who chose to continue working were ridiculed by some  - three weeks later those ridiculing them were back at work themselves.  I suggest those who condemn individuals who chose not to be vaccinated now shut up respect others opinions until they can provide medium to long term data on the safety of the vaccines. 

If you are vaccinated, you are protected and you don't need to worry about anyone else and I respect your decision to do so. Likewise, if you chose not to, I fully respect your decision. 

And just as a final thought, should those 1600 people who have died as a result of the vaccine and the hundreds of thousands of adverse reactions been denied medical care for their choice to have it? I think we all know the answer and it works the other way too.  

I cant speak for anyone else but I've never said anything on the forum I don't stand by one hundred percent.

Link to comment
11 minutes ago, Bart90 said:

Sorry @Iron Giant why are you not acting?   How can a comment like this not be removed? Whether he's joking or not, what he is suggesting is no less than assault.  Completely unacceptable.  

What we have in this thread is a minority view being targeted with threats of assault and suggestions of 'lesser' or no medical care because of a free personal choice.

Dazmond is a very tongue in cheek type of person Ime sure it was a bit of banter and no offence was meant , it was a throw away comment and been blown out of all proportion. 

Link to comment
40 minutes ago, Davy G said:

I cant speak for anyone else but I've never said anything on the forum I don't stand by one hundred percent.

That's fine but I have no respect for your opinion on this issue and never will.  In the 1960's your side of the argument would have been refusing preganant women treatment for morning sickness because they wouldn't take Thalidomide.

Link to comment

I personally think Karen D has been bullied throughout this post. Something that I've never witnessed on this forum, but the reason I don't go on the other forum.. 

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Bart90 said:

That's fine but I have no respect for your opinion on this issue and never will.  In the 1960's your side of the argument would have been refusing preganant women treatment for morning sickness because they wouldn't take Thalidomide.

No. A totally and entirely different situation.

Thalidomide was a profit making treatment by greedy big pharma for morning sickness. Which was a non life threatening, non infectious temporary malady. Morning sickness was not an infectious plague that had infected, disabled, permanently damaged and killed countless people in the general population and in the medical profession.

I'm not on any side. I speak as an individual who thinks for myself and makes my own decisions. I'm simply trying to protect those that have no choice but to face this dangerous and sometimes life changing or ending virus in their daily work lives. I'm not thinking of myself. I've been vaccinated.

I don't recall asking you for your approval or respect of my opinion.

Edited by Davy G
Link to comment
22 minutes ago, Jonny 67 said:

I personally think Karen D has been bullied throughout this post. Something that I've never witnessed on this forum, but the reason I don't go on the other forum.. 

Sorry but it was her that listed illegal activity  by her “ hubby” and staff so I don’t see how she is a victim , she also has a habit of creating controversial posts then everyone kicks off and she disappears and doesn’t comment further, I think she likes creating controversy . 

Link to comment
21 minutes ago, Pjj said:

Sorry but it was her that listed illegal activity  by her “ hubby” and staff so I don’t see how she is a victim , she also has a habit of creating controversial posts then everyone kicks off and she disappears and doesn’t comment further, I think she likes creating controversy . 

And you're defending the £100 an hour drumming, Golf GTI driving Mancunian 🤣. If everyone had just slated her for working inside then that would've been fine but it went far beyond that and was out of order, no ifs no buts no maybe's. 

We don't live in an authoritarian state, not that you'd believe it reading some of the posts, we live in a democracy, so she and her hubby have every legal right not to have a jab if they don't want to.

No one knows yet if the jabs will work and in 6 months time we might all get horrible side effects.

I will go back to the flu jab, everyone over 50 is recommended to have it, I've just recently declined my 7th one. Should I be vilified for doing so? He who's never sinned can cast the first stone.

Link to comment
23 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

And you're defending the £100 an hour drumming, Golf GTI driving Mancunian 🤣. If everyone had just slated her for working inside then that would've been fine but it went far beyond that and was out of order, no ifs no buts no maybe's. 

We don't live in an authoritarian state, not that you'd believe it reading some of the posts, we live in a democracy, so she and her hubby have every legal right not to have a jab if they don't want to.

No one knows yet if the jabs will work and in 6 months time we might all get horrible side effects.

I will go back to the flu jab, everyone over 50 is recommended to have it, I've just recently declined my 7th one. Should I be vilified for doing so? He who's never sinned can cast the first stone.

I don’t  have a problem with them not having the jabs it was the blatant disregard for  their safety and more importantly the people who’s homes they are going into and openly carrying out illegal work is what I object to then coming on hear boasting about it when I have first hand seen many die  agonising and very traumatic deaths  because of such actions . I am not defending what @dazmond said but he is always forthright with his posts and am sure he didn’t mean any offence by his comments it was a throw away cement no more no less maybe a little distasteful to sum but I have seen far worse on hear before . 

I am fully aware of the immunity issues with the vaccines I know several in the emergency services  that have had Covid and within 4 months they have no natural immunity what’s so ever , this is why the jabs were administered 12 weeks apart to give a longer protection period , and why how a further booster jab is being rolled out , we are still in the infancy of this Covid situation all the more reason for all of us whether we have had the jabs or not tk be extra careful and not boasting about taking unnecessary risks for ourselves or others 

Edited by Pjj
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, Pjj said:

I don’t  have a problem with them not having the jabs it was the blatant disregard for  their safety and more importantly the people who’s homes they are going into and openly carrying out illegal work is what I object to then coming on hear boasting about it when I have first hand seen many die  agonising and very traumatic deaths  because of such actions . I am not defending what @dazmond said but he is always forthright with his posts and am sure he didn’t mean any offence by his comments it was a throw away cement no more no less maybe a little distasteful to sum but I have seen far worse on hear before . 

He advocates taking illegal drugs, how many healthy young kids die doing that?  But now he wants to pin someone down to inject a drug that, as yet, no one knows if it is safe or not, it's a throw away comment.

There was a party in Cornwall recently that has generated loads of cases in your area. Didn't see any comments on here about how disgraceful the kids were. Even had a moderator looking forward to more raves. How many people  will die because of this.

Cornwall has one of the lowest death rates in the country, Sunderland has 1.5 times more deaths.

 

1 hour ago, Jonny 67 said:

I personally think Karen D has been bullied throughout this post. Something that I've never witnessed on this forum, but the reason I don't go on the other forum.. 

Ditto and if it continues I'm off. 

Link to comment
33 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

He advocates taking illegal drugs, how many healthy young kids die doing that?  But now he wants to pin someone down to inject a drug that, as yet, no one knows if it is safe or not, it's a throw away comment.

There was a party in Cornwall recently that has generated loads of cases in your area. Didn't see any comments on here about how disgraceful the kids were. Even had a moderator looking forward to more raves. How many people  will die because of this.

Cornwall has one of the lowest death rates in the country, Sunderland has 1.5 times more deaths.

 

Ditto and if it continues I'm off. 

Yes I totaly agree with you about the taking of illegal drugs .

Cornwall was the lowest infection rate and had the lowest death rate in the country , but that has now altered and we are now one of the highest rates of infection in the country , this is due in part  to the G7 , functions such as board masters and hundreds of thousands coming down on holiday that came from high risk areas and also many who deliberately traveled down on holiday knowing  they had  Covid  and then had to be evicted by police from holiday homes , and ones also refusing to wear masks in shops etc , all are a disgrace that acted in this way we have one of the highest  oldest population in the country and our death rate was very low this was beacause when the lockdowns were in place ones hear abided by the government guidelines ware other karts if the country didn’t it’s as simple as that . 

I don’t agree with anyone being victimised on a public forum but that Karen d dleant do  herself any favours she seams to deliberately court controversy just look back through her posts she has only been on hear a relatively short time and has rouffled a lot of people’s feathers , that’s the way some people are , I like straight talk and being honest about stuff but some try and deliberately cause divisions , I hope you don’t  leave this forum you are a very knowledgeable and helpful guy and I have learned a lot from your posts maybe it would be better if this list was locked @Iron Giant @Dave B @Gavin

Edited by Pjj
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Davy G said:

I cant speak for anyone else but I've never said anything on the forum I don't stand by one hundred percent.

Sorry @Dave G  but to refuse someone medical help because they haven't had an untested vaccine is wrong.

It costs taxpayers many millions a week keeping junkies and alcoholics, fed watered and medically treated yet someone that was scared to have a jab should somehow be treated as a leper.

Should kids that didnt get the MMR jab be excluded from medical treatment as well. Where does it stop, if the medics are correct if those jabbed get it they should be safe from a very dangerous virus that kills circa 1.5% of those unfortunate to get it. Similar numbers to the flu.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
9 hours ago, Bart90 said:

Sorry @Iron Giant why are you not acting?   How can a comment like this not be removed? Whether he's joking or not, what he is suggesting is no less than assault.  Completely unacceptable.  

What we have in this thread is a minority view being targeted with threats of assault and suggestions of 'lesser' or no medical care because of a free personal choice.

First off I didn't remove it as the emojis defined it to me as a tongue and cheek comment, this has become a very emotive post and became so by one reply, the Jab and peoples choice not to have gets crossed over/mixed up with peoples I don't care about others so will just crack regardless on attitude.

Some members have openly apologised which shows their character others have given some insight to what they have witnessed this past year or so, my wife works in care home and she went through a terrible time for months worrying so much about the residents she cares for and what might happen if any one of them died and covid went through the home and more residents died her friend which she grew up with spent 3 weeks in icu so not a good year or for many of us, people have been wound up and there emotions have got the better off them at times.

This all needs thinking of before members let loose and hit the reply button!!!



 

Edited by Iron Giant
Link to comment

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.


Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Ad Blocker Detected

Please disable your ad blocker

Our forum relies on ads to pay for the servers and our time maintaining and running the forum.

Sadly running a forum like this is not free, and due to our popularity, we need servers that can handle the amount of traffic and resources our forum uses.

 

If you do not wish to see ads on our site, please consider supporting the forum with a membership subscription.

 

Accept