Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Can someone help. Thank you

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Eazy Squeezy ltd

IMG_20210910_115333.jpgIMG_20210910_120518.jpgHi guys, I recently took on a commercial job, the frames are anthracite colour metal, on there seems to be a white resin build up, with this the windows have a stained tear drops running down them. If I use the brush and purified water it will not remove. I've spayed pvc cleaner on there hoping the solvent would help get rid of the stain but this does not work. Any ideas how to get rid of this and to get a sparkling windows. 

Thanks 

James IMG_20210910_115333.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like dirty watermarks ??but could be something else I would try some Virosol or other de greaser give it a good scrubb and rinse and see what happens , it could also be a build up of dirty water on the ledges above and when it runs down is contaminating the panel below  . 

View attachment 25528View attachment 25529Hi guys, I recently took on a commercial job, the frames are anthracite colour metal, on there seems to be a white resin build up, with this the windows have a stained tear drops running down them. If I use the brush and purified water it will not remove. I've spayed pvc cleaner on there hoping the solvent would help get rid of the stain but this does not work. Any ideas how to get rid of this and to get a sparkling windows. 

Thanks 

James View attachment 25528
From what I can make out it looks like dissimilar metal corrosion staining or metal oxidation on glass.

It could be a galvanised steel substructure with aluminium trim cappings which are degrading and causing the stains as the glass isn't separated enough via sealed edges or rubber neoprene Gasket 

Or basically metal against glass, a similar result of when you leave your Barbecue tongs or clothes pegs on a black glass patio table and the rust leaches onto the glass causing milky or rainbow stains 

My best analogy sorry 

Hi guys, thank you for your help, I went down earlier and used a autoglym magma,(states removes iron deposit or fall out) sprayed it on left 5 mins, scrubbed off and still the same, I sprayed on rubbed with a cloth. It just will not budge. 

IMG_20210915_160855.jpg

Personally I would of noticed that staining at first viewing and either declined the job or told them it would be very unlikely that I would be able to remove the marks from the off(its called managing expectations!?).....

Winsol Crystal Clear 550 would almost certainly remove that. Having said that, that is not 'normal' cleaning and should be charged at a much higher rate.

Why not ?? Doesn’t matter if the seals are knackered the glass will still be fine but if white upvc frames then they will just have grey staining on them . 
I’ve always get runs from seals that are white and knackered like that I explain to this customer they need them replacing nothing I can do

Back