Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Can someone help. Thank you

Eazy Squeezy ltd

IMG_20210910_115333.thumb.jpg.4890758b16bbcf3752f2dcca88dc8fbd.jpgIMG_20210910_120518.thumb.jpg.93b7a0763c2afb314648bab78abb965d.jpgHi guys, I recently took on a commercial job, the frames are anthracite colour metal, on there seems to be a white resin build up, with this the windows have a stained tear drops running down them. If I use the brush and purified water it will not remove. I've spayed pvc cleaner on there hoping the solvent would help get rid of the stain but this does not work. Any ideas how to get rid of this and to get a sparkling windows. 

Thanks 

James IMG_20210910_115333.thumb.jpg.4890758b16bbcf3752f2dcca88dc8fbd.jpgIMG_20210910_115333.thumb.jpg.4890758b16bbcf3752f2dcca88dc8fbd.jpg

Edited by Eazy Squeezy ltd

Looks like dirty watermarks ??but could be something else I would try some Virosol or other de greaser give it a good scrubb and rinse and see what happens , it could also be a build up of dirty water on the ledges above and when it runs down is contaminating the panel below  . 

Looks like it's coming out the side of the vents. Pure won't remove them so I'd get a cloth, tie it to the end of the pole and try different chemicals 

Looks like runs similar to the ones you get off leaded windows.....my guess is you wont be able to remove it with virosol or tfr....just have to leave it and do the best you can.....

• Agree 2
17 hours ago, Eazy Squeezy ltd said:

IMG_20210910_115333.thumb.jpg.4890758b16bbcf3752f2dcca88dc8fbd.jpgIMG_20210910_120518.thumb.jpg.93b7a0763c2afb314648bab78abb965d.jpgHi guys, I recently took on a commercial job, the frames are anthracite colour metal, on there seems to be a white resin build up, with this the windows have a stained tear drops running down them. If I use the brush and purified water it will not remove. I've spayed pvc cleaner on there hoping the solvent would help get rid of the stain but this does not work. Any ideas how to get rid of this and to get a sparkling windows. 

Thanks 

James IMG_20210910_115333.thumb.jpg.4890758b16bbcf3752f2dcca88dc8fbd.jpgIMG_20210910_115333.thumb.jpg.4890758b16bbcf3752f2dcca88dc8fbd.jpg

From what I can make out it looks like dissimilar metal corrosion staining or metal oxidation on glass.

It could be a galvanised steel substructure with aluminium trim cappings which are degrading and causing the stains as the glass isn't separated enough via sealed edges or rubber neoprene Gasket 

Or basically metal against glass, a similar result of when you leave your Barbecue tongs or clothes pegs on a black glass patio table and the rust leaches onto the glass causing milky or rainbow stains 

My best analogy sorry 

Hi guys, thank you for your help, I went down earlier and used a autoglym magma,(states removes iron deposit or fall out) sprayed it on left 5 mins, scrubbed off and still the same, I sprayed on rubbed with a cloth. It just will not budge. 

IMG_20210915_160855.jpg

12 hours ago, Skxawng said:

I'm sure, you've checked, but just in case, are you 100% sure it's not on the inner side of the outer pane? 

100% on the outside 😏

Personally I would of noticed that staining at first viewing and either declined the job or told them it would be very unlikely that I would be able to remove the marks from the off(its called managing expectations!😄).....

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.