Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wet feet..........

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Exchef93

So... I'm getting thoroughly sick of getting wet feet throughout the day, whether it be from splashback from the pole or walking through damp grass, I have tried stanley boots along with a couple other brands, and I've tried two different pairs of "waterproof" walking ah  shoes... 

What do you guys wear

I recently bought some of these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284442225121?hash=item423a13e9e1:g:aOsAAOSw3ydhN08D but for £28. They are very light weight, comfy and so far my feet have stayed dry. The soles don't seem that thick, in fact you can feel the pump pulsing through the pole hose if you tread on it! For the money I am very happy with them, plus they are blue so match workwear ?

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
How do you manage to get wet feet at this time of the year ??? We wear trainers in the summer and harkilla gtx  boots in the winter , but never get wet feet , especially from the pole , do you have a leak in the pole hose ??

I recently bought some of these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284442225121?hash=item423a13e9e1:g:aOsAAOSw3ydhN08D but for £28. They are very light weight, comfy and so far my feet have stayed dry. The soles don't seem that thick, in fact you can feel the pump pulsing through the pole hose if you tread on it! For the money I am very happy with them, plus they are blue so match workwear ?
How long have you had them? Mine don't last that long before letting the water through.

How do you manage to get wet feet at this time of the year ??? We wear trainers in the summer and harkilla gtx  boots in the winter , but never get wet feet , especially from the pole , do you have a leak in the pole hose ??
Dew on grass is the main culprit at the moment, but I think I stand close to the glass when working on ground floor, think that's the Trad in me wanting my nose on the glass ?

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
How long have you had them? Mine don't last that long before letting the water through.
Only about 3 weeks so not a very long term test ? I'm not expecting to last that long but hopefully they will get me through the winter - I'm probably expecting too much for less than £30!

Dew on grass is the main culprit at the moment, but I think I stand close to the glass when working on ground floor, think that's the Trad in me wanting my nose on the glass ?
Ok depending what your boots are made of get some waterproof spray from a walking shop and apply that , there are different types for leather , gortex etc they need re applying every few weeks but di work reasonable well . By standing further away from the window you will find it much easier on your body and easier to apply pressure to the window being cleaned and much less likely to end up with neck issues , I used to do the same as you ???

Armstrong work boots by No Risk. Cost about £30 or £40 quid if I remember correctly.
Soft leather, waterproof, warm in winter, cool in summer, cork insole that moulds to the shape of the foot, excellent grip. I've been using these for about 12 years. Get about 2 years out of a pair. Rub in some waterproof dubbin a couple of times a year. A couple of quid a tin.

Last edited by a moderator:
So... I'm getting thoroughly sick of getting wet feet throughout the day, whether it be from splashback from the pole or walking through damp grass, I have tried stanley boots along with a couple other brands, and I've tried two different pairs of "waterproof" walking ah  shoes... 

What do you guys wear
I've never really managed to get my feet wet unless it's like a monsoon.

Are you standing to close to the property with the wrong angle of attack to the glass

Is your pole, hose or fittings leaking ? 

In winter I wear Goretex Lowa gtx mountain boots just to keep my feet warm and stop any moisture 

On a morning I might wear a pair of boots, then switch to Merrell walking shoes later in the day, I always have a spare pair of boots in the van as I don't see any point in getting my shoes wet on a morning then having a boot on later in the day or if it rains I can easily change,

What I don't like about some of these Goretex boots is that they are heavy, I prefer a nice lightweight boot, Merrell's Moab aren't the best boots but they are lightweight I also so have some Adidas terrex goretex boots but they are fabric

Standing further away from lower windows I still need to master myself as I am guilty of this 

How much water are some of you guys using to clean windows? And how close are you actually standing? ? I've never found the work causing an issue with water on my feet. Rain, and wet grass are the main reasons my boots get wet. It never gets through them. I don't give it a thought when I'm working. Never need to.

Armstrong work boots by No Risk. Cost about £30 or £40 quid if I remember correctly.
Soft leather, waterproof, warm in winter, cool in summer, cork insole that moulds to the shape of the foot, excellent grip. I've been using these for about 12 years. Get about 2 years out of a pair. Rub in some waterproof dubbin a couple of times a year. A couple of quid a tin.
i find most water comes from rain running off waterproofs onto boots,followed by wet grass n bushes, yet to find a boot that is light,comfortable and monsoon proof!

i find most water comes from rain running off waterproofs onto boots,followed by wet grass n bushes, yet to find a boot that is light,comfortable and monsoon proof!
I mostly work in the moist, temperate British climate?. I rarely work in monsoon conditions. I never wear waterproof trousers. On the rare occasion it's wet enough to warrant them I'll find something more sane to do, even if it's just drinking tea at home till it eases. If it comes heavy when I'm already out, I'll work until I decide to call it. I not silly!

Some of you guys are funny. Jeez! I don't know what you want!? Absolutely no offence intended. It's just my Spike Milligan type observational humour. ?

This has been a bugbear of mine also. I generally find I only get one winter out of a pair of Goretex lined walking boots (Salomon, Merrel, Keen etc). I paid good money for a pair of leather, Goodyear welted walking boots, thought if I kept them G waxed up and well polished they'd be waterproof, they are comfortable but i'll have wet feet by early afternoon in the winter. I might use the "two pairs in the van" and spare socks as suggested in the thread.

Must like the Sahara most of the year were some of you work,

I can spend up to and in excess of a £100 on apparently decent boots they don't last, but of course ultimately why would they these boots are made for walking not working in and been warn 7-8 hours a day in all weathers, the bonus is of these though they are lightweight and comfortable work boots and tactical boots are heavier so no good for my little 6.5 feet

Back