Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Clearing Mud in the rain?!

Herm

more advice needed please. I done a job last week and it ****** down for the most part, not a problem got on with the job just made it a lot messier to clean up after. Anyway, there wasn't a drain on the kerb the nearest was probably 30metres away! 

to be honest it was a nightmare real nightmare, the more I tried to wash it away the more mess it was making, I couldn't just shovel up the mud as I ran out of buckets and it was far to wet. it was never ending! Anyone got any advice on what to do next time? Maybe a mud sucker 

Thanks as always

more advice needed please. I done a job last week and it ****** down for the most part, not a problem got on with the job just made it a lot messier to clean up after. Anyway, there wasn't a drain on the kerb the nearest was probably 30metres away! 

to be honest it was a nightmare real nightmare, the more I tried to wash it away the more mess it was making, I couldn't just shovel up the mud as I ran out of buckets and it was far to wet. it was never ending! Anyone got any advice on what to do next time? Maybe a mud sucker 

Thanks as always
For moments like this i use one of two methods 

My gutter vac 

Or pressure washer mud pump attachment which is a venturi effect pump with output hose which I run in behind the bushes 

After a few years you'll get used to working out methods to improve your business. It's all trial and error 

Last edited by a moderator:
For moments like this i use one of two methods 

My gutter vac 

Or pressure washer mud pump attachment which is a venturi effect pump with output hose which I run in behind the bushes 

After a few years you'll get used to working out methods to improve your business. It's all trial and error 
Thanks APW. deffo a learning curve, felt like I was going backwards at times. I do have a wet and dry hoover type thing though with so much rain and water not sure it would've been safe using it. I think I'll look into a mud pump and hose so I can run it to somewhere to get rid of all the muck.

After dropping a boob like that you will always check for  drainage on every other job you do , I did a similar thing on a job years ago had it go back the next day when it had naturally drained away , never had an issue since ?????

After dropping a boob like that you will always check for  drainage on every other job you do , I did a similar thing on a job years ago had it go back the next day when it had naturally drained away , never had an issue since ?????
lol, yeah you are right! I was caught out as the day was lovely when I got there and turned the second I got going. Though I live and learn from it and part of getting more experienced, though I don't want that to happen again ? 

I suppose the rain just made it so much worse, normally I'd let it dry out and scoop up all the muck, though this was like an endless wave lol.

Back