Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What fitting should go here?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

The sticker says it's a BSP thread and by the measurement I would guess 1 and a quarter inch BSP, but I could be wrong. If you can get the tank to a plumbers merchant (not screwfix or toolstation but a proper plumbers merchant) I am sure they will find a fitting.

The sticker says it's a BSP thread and by the measurement I would guess 1 and a quarter inch BSP, but I could be wrong. If you can get the tank to a plumbers merchant (not screwfix or toolstation but a proper plumbers merchant) I am sure they will find a fitting.
I stand to be corrected but think most tank outlets are 3/4 inch or 19 mm ?...

II have a similar outlet on my Wyedale tank I just went with a simple nylon elbow which screwed straight into the tank. The elbow is a 1/2" which I fitted a good quality hose to, secured by two good quality Jubilee type clips. I avoided extra fittings and threads such as metal fittings and taps. My outlet is on the opposite side of the van to the side workstation so I simply brought the hose across between the tank and the bulkhead and up about six inches. At which point I fitted a nylon non-return valve. A couple of feet above that I fitted a Tee-piece for the two pumps (left side door and back right door). I found in my experience the less joints and more simple the better and more reliable from air leaks the system is. I tried having stop taps but in my case they proved problematic with air leaks so I removed them.

Thats a 3/4 bsp thread, just go to a plumbers merchants a get the following

Nickle plated brass 3/4bsp male x 1/2bsp female bush

use ptfe tape on the threads and it will be fine.

DO NOT try and screw a BSPT thread in there or it will bugger it up.

No mate. It’s 1 inch BSP on Wyedale tanks. 

I'd just buy the fitting from PF and save the hassle then at least you know it's the correct size.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the photo is a spare of the simple elbow that came with my Wyedale tank. A couple of turns of PTFE tape on the threads, tighten firmly but not over tight. Top quality transparent reinforced 1/2" hose on the outlet.
Length of hose to nylon NRV somewhere convenient and low down to prevent drain back. Heat the pipe ends in very hot water to soften and allow the Jubilee Clips to bight deeper without straining them. Two Jubilee Clips to each pipe end. Continue the line from NRV to suit. This is what I did as a fit and forget job. Never given me the slightest issue. My outlet is almost against the bulkhead so I can't get to it without emptying and moving the tank. A major priority for me is to have the minimum number of complications : threaded joints, Joints of any kind, taps, fittings.

I had taps on my tee piece dividing for each of the two workstations. Never went long between air problems. Got rid of them, which reduced the number of joints. Simplified the whole suction side. Extremely rare to get a problem now. Usually only after taking the water level down to the dregs. Easy to sort by disconnecting at the reel and putting the pump on full for a minute or two.

20210922_080524.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
In the photo is a spare of the simple elbow that came with my Wyedale tank. A couple of turns of PTFE tape on the threads, tighten firmly but not over tight. Top quality transparent reinforced 1/2" hose on the outlet.
Length of hose to nylon NRV somewhere convenient and low down to prevent drain back. Heat the pipe ends in very hot water to soften and allow the Jubilee Clips to bight deeper without straining them. Two Jubilee Clips to each pipe end. Continue the line from NRV to suit. This is what I did as a fit and forget job. Never given me the slightest issue. My outlet is almost against the bulkhead so I can't get to it without emptying and moving the tank. A major priority for me is to have the minimum number of complications : threaded joints, Joints of any kind, taps, fittings.

I had taps on my tee piece dividing for each of the two workstations. Never went long between air problems. Got rid of them, which reduced the number of joints. Simplified the whole suction side. Extremely rare to get a problem now. Usually only after taking the water level down to the dregs. Easy to sort by disconnecting at the reel and putting the pump on full for a minute or two.

View attachment 25621
That's what I love seeing 

Back