Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Steps per day, how many ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dabber

A bit off topic but hey. I love this job and being outside and it certainly keeps me fit. I’ve recently purchased an Apple Watch which measures distance walked per day. I only do 4/5 hours a day and my average distance covered is around 14,000 steps per day. What sort of distances are other people doing if you are able to calculate it ?

I stopped wearing mine at work for this reason. It had me down as an athlete! ? 
I'd suspect it would have me down as one as well, not bleedin likely, did a quick web search and 

2,000 steps

How many steps in a mile? An average person has a stride length of approximately 2.1 to 2.5 feet. That means that it takes over 2,000 steps to walk one mile and 10,000 steps would be almost 5 miles. A sedentary person may only average 1,000 to 3,000 steps a day. 

More than likely we most likely do lower amount as no way 14,000,  as our postie covers about 6 miles a day he was saying a while back

I'd suspect it would have me down as one as well, not bleedin likely, did a quick web search and 

2,000 steps

How many steps in a mile? An average person has a stride length of approximately 2.1 to 2.5 feet. That means that it takes over 2,000 steps to walk one mile and 10,000 steps would be almost 5 miles. A sedentary person may only average 1,000 to 3,000 steps a day. 

More than likely we most likely do lower amount as no way 14,000,  as our postie covers about 6 miles a day he was saying a while back
This is an interesting point so I have just checked what I do on a Saturday and Sunday when not working a mean average for a Saturday is 10,000 and Sunday 8,000 or there about , I am always on the go whether at work or not so  dont know what to think about it to be honest , we do do a lot of walking .

A bit off topic but hey. I love this job and being outside and it certainly keeps me fit. I’ve recently purchased an Apple Watch which measures distance walked per day. I only do 4/5 hours a day and my average distance covered is around 14,000 steps per day. What sort of distances are other people doing if you are able to calculate it ?
Never had time to count or don't wear overpriced watches 

This is an interesting point so I have just checked what I do on a Saturday and Sunday when not working a mean average for a Saturday is 10,000 and Sunday 8,000 or there about , I am always on the go whether at work or not so  dont know what to think about it to be honest , we do do a lot of walking .
I know as windys we are on the move all day but how are these devices sensing those steps as windys we move about maybe rocking on our feet a little that isn't a stride/step I am sat down now and trying to swat the puppy down I'd be interested to know how many steps I may have done ? On a weekend you may walk to shops and within your local area so notch up more real steps or not

A pedometer app is a step-tracking platform you download on a smartphone. It records steps via a GPS tracker or built-in sensors on your phone. ...

I may download an app this morning and see how it performs over the next few days, not sure if our postie has one on his phone I think he does which is how he knows the distance, now posties compared to us are doing Marathons everyday

So, if you go into the health app on your iPhone you will find the phone itself also records walking data from being in your pocket. There’s days I’ve done 14k it turns out. I feel this data will be more reliable than the watch, but I have no idea about that. 

Back