Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

76ppm to 120/157

tench0771

Moved 4 weeks before lock down never bothered checking tds at new house but was burning through resin like billy o allmost fell over when i checked tds im torn do i get a 4040 ro with booster pump or keep on going with di . I do have a external watermeater fitted but south west water ? to save a bit on the bill just feel bad dumping loads of water waste down the drain ?ill have to change my tank set up as well if i go ro so its guna be a pain in the ars . What would you do if you were me 

An R/O but not a 40/40 unless you need to produce fast if not then a standard R/O possibly also a booster pump it really depends how fast you need to produce @Pjj has sub meter so isn't charged for the waste water 

Think ive got the same sub meter i do prefer a faster fill can anyone give me any time fraims on filling a 500l tank with a standard ro and a 4040 i have low pressure so will probably need booster pump . Other option is filling from a hydrant as i do a lot of pressure washing the town adjustment to me is 73ppm lol do not shore if there is a yearly license i can get and fill up every other day or something ?

Think ive got the same sub meter i do prefer a faster fill can anyone give me any time fraims on filling a 500l tank with a standard ro and a 4040 i have low pressure so will probably need booster pump . Other option is filling from a hydrant as i do a lot of pressure washing the town adjustment to me is 73ppm lol do not shore if there is a yearly license i can get and fill up every other day or something ?
500 ltrs will take me just over 3hrs in the summer, a bit more in the winter. That’s with a 4040 and mains pressure of just over 80.

With a 40/21 takes me about 4 hours to get 500 litres. Thats with booster though, because of low pressure.

Moved 4 weeks before lock down never bothered checking tds at new house but was burning through resin like billy o allmost fell over when i checked tds im torn do i get a 4040 ro with booster pump or keep on going with di . I do have a external watermeater fitted but south west water ? to save a bit on the bill just feel bad dumping loads of water waste down the drain ?ill have to change my tank set up as well if i go ro so its guna be a pain in the ars . What would you do if you were me 
I'd recommend a 4040 RO system. I wouldn't personally use solely use resin for anything over 60ppm 

Just found this one seems like it will do the job is this any good or should i get one from daqua any links would be fantastic ?

20210922_172924.jpg

Just found this one seems like it will do the job is this any good or should i get one from daqua any links would be fantastic ?

View attachment 25624
Plenty of reputable trade recognised suppliers available if you do your homework. Don't look for the cheapest

Yes Daqua is one of the best but you need to be certain of your water pressure with regards to which membrane and system you'll require 

View attachment 25624
Be aware that there are some very poor membranes out there and sometimes the suppliers aren't very truthful. Like saying low pressure when the manufacturers of the membrane state optimal pressure is 150psi or higher!!! 

@doug atkinson may be more expensive (maybe not much) than the above but you will be getting good quality kit that, if looked after, will last a decent amount of time. When I say looked after I mean change pre filters at correct time and flush the membrane correctly.

View attachment 25624
Daqua is all out of stock  https://daqua.co.uk/ro_systems.htm @doug atkinson may be able to say when he will have the stock to build you one, you'll need to get a water pressure  Test Gauge from Toolstation to check your tap pressure these are £19 at Screwfix £7 dearer than Toolstation

Also what's your plans for production are you going to put the R/O on your van or do a static set up in a garage or shed at home

Daqua is all out of stock  https://daqua.co.uk/ro_systems.htm @doug atkinson may be able to say when he will have the stock to build you one, you'll need to get a water pressure  Test Gauge from Toolstation to check your tap pressure these are £19 at Screwfix £7 dearer than Toolstation

Also what's your plans for production are you going to put the R/O on your van or do a static set up in a garage or shed at home
Hoping to have stock in late next week but it’s going crazy at the moment with lead times and price increases.

Tested pressure i have 40psi out the tap so i ges im stuck with the 600 gpd ro it says it can produce 40 letters per hour at its best not shore how accurate that is 

Tested pressure i have 40psi out the tap so i ges im stuck with the 600 gpd ro it says it can produce 40 letters per hour at its best not shore how accurate that is 
I was having a think about your need to change things yesterday, 

Are you going to produce into a 500 to 1000ltr static tank in the garage?  if so production rates and time don't come into it so much as you can just let it run, my 450gpd R/O takes from 8pm till 6am to produce 350ltrs without a booster pump but production rate can be upped and time reduced to maybe around 5 hours or less with a booster pump, our water pressure fluctuates all the time,

That 600gpd R/O might produce 40 litres it might not and most likely wouldn't with your tap pressure without a booster pump, I can fill a 25ltr container in 15 minutes with my booster pump

I run mine overnight as it's easier and no chance of freezing through the winter, it's full in the morning then I fill my van every night after work, 

Have you sussed out how you are going to be getting water into your garage to produce and do you have a electric and somewhere to mount the R/O and booster pump

I have this one https://purefreedom.co.uk/24v-aquatec-reverse-osmosis-booster-pump-power-supply.html you may well need to buy some extra JG hose as PF didn't send me out any when I bought mine 2 years ago

Personally if I was buying an R/O again and would just buy exactly what I've got which is a 450gpd R/O https://daqua.co.uk/ro_systems.htm if you buy from @doug atkinson I'd phone him and ask for sediment filter housing to be clear and not blue this way you can monitor the sediment easily at a glance sometimes I need to change mine every 2-3 weeks also buy extra pre-filters I just bought 2 boxes of each last week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im guna have to buy a 1000l ibc tank im guna order the booster pump i was guna get it from streamline as there local to me 600 gpd as for storage im not shore yet as don't have garage 

Im guna have to buy a 1000l ibc tank im guna order the booster pump i was guna get it from streamline as there local to me 600 gpd as for storage im not shore yet as don't have garage 
Apologies, I was sure I read earlier in this post you had a garage, Sheds are an option but could take 8 weeks or more to arrive sister in laws partner had to wait that long, you might get lucky at a place local to you, I'd insulate it with something similar to kingspan as there is cheaper options electric is very easy to put in as well outdoor socket on the outside wall of your house then another one in the shed

I hope you manage to get sorted asap, or use the fire hydrant if the tds is lower ?

Spoke to streamline varitech they do a 1200 gpd unit they have told me it will process over 200l per hour £720 +vat with booster pump but guy now saying pump not included lol bumping it up to £1250 +vat ive said in book its comes complete with pump there guna get back to me

Back