Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How many customers would you expect?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I think the general census of opinion is 1-2% ??
1 or 2 % means 1 or 2 thousand but I think you would be lucky to get 100 which I received from 100k Checkatrade directories going through letterboxes. I will probably move on to the council's local booklet that goes through all the residents letterboxes in that council area. The big worry is when one gets too many calls coming in. ? 

1 or 2 % means 1 or 2 thousand but I think you would be lucky to get 100 which I received from 100k Checkatrade directories going through letterboxes. I will probably move on to the council's local booklet that goes through all the residents letterboxes in that council area. The big worry is when one gets too many calls coming in. ? 
Yes I know what you mean I have just finished emailing the last couple of days worth of enquires (34) in total and turned the lot down told them we are to busy , we are just getting further and further behind on add on jobs as there is so much demand .

Trouble is they will be spread over a huge area the likelihood of building a compact round doing it this way is a big fat zero 
Very true, unless you have a company with 6 or more vans willing to travel it will be a time-wasting exercise 

Yes I know what you mean I have just finished emailing the last couple of days worth of enquires (34) in total and turned the lot down told them we are to busy , we are just getting further and further behind on add on jobs as there is so much demand .
Aye, you end up taking up time saying no, that's when a wife is handy. I have got my power station so I don't need the customer to be in when clearing gutters. You are okay with the thunder vac, being self-sufficient is the answer in this day and age because folk want things done right away. Falling behind can upset our loyal customers so we need to be strong and say No to new enquires. I had a slow day today so I trimmed some bushes that were in my way and even used the scrapper on windows where someone painted the masonry, customers are happy to let me get on with things and even ask me to prune small trees for them. I try and make my window cleaning easier after every visit because it makes my life easier the next time. ?

Flyers used to average a 1% return on enquires no doubt 0.5% now unless your dropping takeaway menus,

In my view in this industry these days leaflets are pointless everywhere is saturated with cleaners, the one who is knocking doors will gain far more custom and build a compact round

Flyers used to average a 1% return on enquires no doubt 0.5% now unless your dropping takeaway menus,

In my view in this industry these days leaflets are pointless everywhere is saturated with cleaners, the one who is knocking doors will gain far more custom and build a compact round
I am currently just leafletting and getting somewhere between 0.5 and 1%. I would be interested to know if there is any difference in retention between canvassing and just leafletting.

My thinking is that people who bother to contact you after a leaflet are more interested in getting their windows cleaned that someone you door knock who might not have bothered to contact you if you just left a leaflet. I don't have any experience of this as all but 2 of my customers were just from leaflets so too small a sample and too little time to know.

This is what I have been saying for years but according to some on hear I don’t know what ime talking about ????

This is what I have been saying for years but according to some on hear I don’t know what ime talking about ????
Leafletting an area where you know they are looking for a new windy is a good idea. Take today for instance. I only have one customer in a posh area through Checkatrade. Received walk up today at it because big company wanted paid and the guy missed it, maybe it was raining. I do it now and she said one across road is looking for a windy so posted a card through. Big companies have a major problem with staff turnover and the staff can't be bothered to make it a passion like me. If I make a mistake then it comes back on me and no one else that's why this game is set out for sole traders. ? Actually felt a tipping point in my career because I am going to advertise in that area only and expect to get the whole street.

I am currently just leafletting and getting somewhere between 0.5 and 1%. I would be interested to know if there is any difference in retention between canvassing and just leafletting.

My thinking is that people who bother to contact you after a leaflet are more interested in getting their windows cleaned that someone you door knock who might not have bothered to contact you if you just left a leaflet. I don't have any experience of this as all but 2 of my customers were just from leaflets so too small a sample and too little time to know.
People these days are very busy with work and family life, windows can easily be forgotten I cleaned ours for the first time in 3 months last night then our next door neighbour who's cleaner can't access the back asked me if I would clean hers 7.35pm I finished ?

But no custy retention is null and void if you target the right areas and houses, the time money and effort is far better invested in knocking doors I had 1,000's of leaflets delivered about 10 years ago and got one call, a guy I know has gained 100's of custys in recent years enough for him and to take on a worker all done by knocking doors. 

I've just finished emailing my enquiries for the last couple of days. It didn't take long as I only had one. ?

Back