Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Metal Gutter Hopper Leaking

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Tuffers

Customer has a metal hopper that's got a hole in the bottom. Is there anything I can plug it with that's water resistant? It's constantly wet in the bottom of it.

This should do the job https://www.screwfix.com/p/evo-stik-the-dogs-b-ll-cks-adhesive-sealant-clear-290ml/991FJ?tc=TA3&ds_kid=92700058168037568&ds_rl=1249416&gclid=CjwKCAjw49qKBhAoEiwAHQVTo34eNR9-QI3oSp9TEi6lCH8gw4tayZeMGq8Ek8P4nO4aziJ1gShjrBoClpEQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds then a coat of paint over the top I have used it outside and to seal the bottom edge of my concrete pre-fab garage when water was coming in last winter and sealed every edge since

Using one of those roof sealants with fibres in wont plug the hole so you need that plugging or taping over that's why I'd say sealant then a coat of paint, it should be warm enough next week for it to fully cure before it gets too cold, but can take a few days to fully cure if cold so few nice dry days may be needed

Latest Posts

Back