Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Selling an established round

Jennywren

Hi 

Can anyone offer any tips I am thinking of selling my window cleaning round been established 29 years traditional method leather & scrim using ladders my customer trust me, I am wandering how do I go about selling it and when I show them around and introduce them would you pay for them coming round with me ? And how much would you sell it for I pull in over 2.5k per 4 weekly and where is the best place to advertise 

Thankyou 

Hi there,

It's worth using the search function as there are some great forum posts on this subject.
As for paying them for coming on the round with you, personally,i feel if they are working they need paying....but I know a few who wouldn't!

Also, 2.5k at 4 weeks, is that full time, part time? How many customers/houses? Details like that will give a much better idea of what it could be worth resale wise. Being established 29 years is good, but if thats full time hours you may stuggle to find a buyer.

Hi 

Can anyone offer any tips I am thinking of selling my window cleaning round been established 29 years traditional method leather & scrim using ladders my customer trust me, I am wandering how do I go about selling it and when I show them around and introduce them would you pay for them coming round with me ? And how much would you sell it for I pull in over 2.5k per 4 weekly and where is the best place to advertise 

Thankyou 
It's a tricky one as selling a round offers zero guarantee of existing customer commitment even with a personal introduction with each of the clients 

Advertise in your local paper of speak to the other window cleaners in the area. 

I used to be solely traditional many years ago but it was getting slow & dangerous so I changed to water fed pole 

Back