Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Scratched windows on new biulds

laddergarder

I wanted to share a recent experience, in the hope it may be of help to others. I will try keep it short but here is a little back story.

I took on a new client(new biuld property) so really went over the glass and inspected it. I pointed out some scratches to the customer, to make sure we weren't blamed for them 3 months down the line when the customer noticed them.

She went back and forth with the biulders, and a year later, they finally agreed to come out and look at them.

My customer called us to clean them before they showed up to inspect them and I took the time to put a sticky dot on every scratch. Some of them on the inside. Every pane of glass was scratched, some quite deep.

I went back today and the customer came out and thanked me, the biulders agreed to replace all the glass.

I see this a lot on properties that have had building or rough casting done, they just don't cover the windows, and cake them in cement, and do a poor job of removing it.

Inspecting first on this type of job, has really saved me a headache, I could have easily been blamed if I hadn't pointed out the damage to the customer.

Latest Posts

Back